IGNORED

Looking after our devs.

Mclaneinc

LOL....@FJC....Don't worry, Peter keeps his sanity in a box next to his teeth on a table by the side of the bed

As for the C64 scene, yes some games like Martin Walkers remastered Hunters Moon are given special privilege where it did not appear of the known sites but in general as the commercial games come out they get cracked, the scene places are alerted and the game appears on certain places. If Petey is heading down the c64 line then he will get no special treatment and even worse for his paranoia there will be scene places like CSDb which will list that it has been cracked and pirated (they don't host the games tho).

Unlike dear Peter most of the commercial stuff is on the dreaded digital download so folks like me can get a good game cheap...Yes I could go and get the naughty versions but I'm like other folks, there's some actual extra joy about playing something you really paid for rather than it just being another digital floppy / cart sat in a folder that you got for free. Also I know that at some point the commercial titles will be classed as freeware by the makers, as I'm not rolling in money I can also wait as there's plenty more to life than playing games...

Edited by Mclaneinc

4 hours ago, Keatah said:

Mental health freak show.

Oy, there's a few of us who are mental health freaks if you don't mind :)

Not like Petey tho....We disown him :)

Seriously though, genuine mental health issues are a nightmare I and my own daughter know about, they are horrendous, things like paranoia are in most people to a degree, Petey is just blessed with a little too much but REAL mental health stuff is no joke. I help care for two dementia sufferers (mother in law and friend) as well as myself, my daughter and my sister in law who has body dysmorphia and split personality disorder amongst others, life for them is not good.

Petey has some issues and I hope he gets any help needed, unchecked paranoia can get nasty..

• Like 1

No-one it attempting to belittle the seriousness of mental health issues. My wife's mother has chronic dementia and we still manage to joke about craziness, forgetfulness, etc. PC culture entirely ignores the fact that humour makes the unspeakable bearable, so can we please just take it as read that we all understand that real life sucks, etc. ;)

• Like 2

I know our lovely lot would never belittle people worse off but was just trying to streamline it a little before it got too serious or too the other way..

Sorry to hear about your wife's mother, its a truly unfriendly malady, with my mother in law in between ok periods she's ranting at her already suffering daughter in almost an exorcist like way, her head has yet to do a full circle tho.

But yeah, as you can see from that there needs to be a bit of levity or its a bit hard...And yes, life can suck :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

It's just that it seems that 'trigger words' often... well... trigger an automatic series of riders or disclaimers. I have no idea why things appeared to need 'streamlining'.

Of course my mother-in-law is subject to terrible mood-swings, violent outbursts, etc, but really this is getting way off-topic, and unnecessarily so. Not streamlined at all. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

The truth is that sometimes I'm accused of being over the top with people so I felt I had to soften it out a bit and be the "lets all be nice" person....

I know this lot on here are big boys and girls and hopefully its all water off a ducks back to them but I get pegged either way, I'm not here to defend anyone, I'm here to enjoy myself and maybe even help, that's as good as it gets with me.

It was meant to be a wee joke with Keatah, hence the smilies but blossomed somewhat wrongly :)

Don't even start on the use of smilies or I'll find a way to hypnotise you in to thinking you are doing that 32 in 1 install at all times :)  or making you think the notes you play are wrong :)