IGNORED

HELP! CORRUPT FILE

I was working on balloon mode in Saucer Wars, specifically the rapinit file. The power went out then back on due to a storm. In an unlikely event my computer crashed and had to be rebooted. The rapinit file is now corrupted as it only 544k and now displays strange unrecognizable characters within the text file. I have not backed these files up since June 30. I have not tried to compile and run the game since the corruption. The rapinit file is the only one that was affected by the power surge event. What I would like to know is, is there a way to recompile the original text file contents of rapinit file from the existing "build" folder data within the project?

I am attaching the build folder data as well as a copy of the corrupt rapinit file.

please help

If nothing else perhaps the latest ROM build can be de-compiled and the rapinit.s file be recovered from there?

I just checked the backup rapinit.s file from June 30 and it will be nearly impossible to re-create what I had today from that! I'm including the latest ROM file.

perhaps somebody knows how to de-compile it

:(

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

1894492190_goodnews.jpg.91869c09f8a260d79e43c6976b980d20.jpg

I did some poking around on the internet and found a file corruption fixing program that worked great!

The name of the program is called RECUVA and can be found here:

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

1932846483_ReCUVAexaplme.thumb.png.82ae3bf659a4834ee1392ccf734fa073.png

1352002052_recuvainfo.thumb.PNG.7f2c30cce33cfcfb61f0f9f637f2a74f.PNG

So Saucer Wars is back in business. Enjoy the impromptu binary release :)

Edit---> And YES I already repaired the file and it works

1400156537_thesisko.thumb.PNG.635457926ff2e639cb4fd8f4b3da3d93.PNG

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

That's great, also recommending recuva as it has saved my bacon too many times to count!

I'm not one of those religious people that tries to force people to use backups, but replicating my work folders across machines has proven very invaluable over the years - even a couple of cheapo usb sticks could do the trick :). Or, consider using a very simple source control program like subversion to keep everything in check.

BTW I don't think the build folder contains things that would help with recovery, it's just temp files written during the build process...

• Thanks 1