IGNORED

Any new update to Jzintv4droid expected?

IMBerzerk

Bought a new Moto G7 recently and went right for the emulation.  Was hoping by now the sound issues would have been resolved. But alas, it's still the same and lags real bad 

Any chance we'll see an update to this to get it running at full potential on new phones?

I love taking LV Blackjack and Poker everywhere.  

Thanks! ?

My recommendation on Android development is that it is ok to do but you have to be prepared for yearly updates on even the simplest of apps.  Each year, a new Android OS version comes out.  There are new APIs, new permissions, core functionality APIs get deprecated (and sometimes UNdeprecated ?), IDEs change,  the build system changes, and even what type of binary is built changes.

This isn't awful to deal with (other platforms have their own issue) but the time lost does get frustrating, especially if the app is being done in your free time.  It becomes a hinderance when you're trying to either work on a new project or even if you are trying to add a new major feature to the existing app.

I'm not trying to scare people away from developing for Android, just that you need to be prepared for the maintenance for an app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

My recommendation on Android development is that it is ok to do but you have to be prepared fo[snip]

I'm not trying to scare people away from developing for Android, just that you need to be prepared for the maintenance for an app.

Something kind of related: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/put-your-dev-env-in-github/

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2019 at 6:21 AM, IMBerzerk said:

Bought a new Moto G7 recently and went right for the emulation.  Was hoping by now the sound issues would have been resolved. But alas, it's still the same and lags real bad 

Any chance we'll see an update to this to get it running at full potential on new phones?

We're close to releasing a public beta of Project Argon, which includes Intellivision, as well as 2600, Lynx, Coleco and Vectrex.

It runs on Android (phone, tablet, TV), Chromebook, Amazon (tablet, TV) and Raspberry Pi4.

There is an email list you can sign up to get notified -- see www.markspace.com/argon

Developers can get in on a private alpha (PM me)

• Like 1