IGNORED

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Flojomojo

I like this game. It's like Elite or Privateer for dummies, which is what I need. Lots of autopilot, autosave, and assist functions to protect me from myself, and highly playable shooty western space trading action. I'm playing on PC but if I continue to like it as much as I do now, I'll get it for Switch too, when that launches. 

Just now, Tanooki said:

So what's the difference from the original one? 

It's a completely different game, though the aesthetics are similar.

In Rebel Galaxy, you're a big battleship doing navy-style 2D maneuvers, almost a real-time strategy type of gameplay. Think Star Trek battles. 

In Outlaw (this one), you're a small airplane-like ship with 6 degrees of freedom, and a one-on-one combat style, like Wing Commander, X-Wing, Elite, Galaxy on Fire, or other "space combat simulators." Think Star Wars dogfights. 

Both have an exploration and trading element, but I like the starfighter stuff a lot more. 

Oh well now ok I get it, that's why you threw privateer out there.  The original felt like that game too though using the large battleship like scenario vs a wing commander 2 style craft.  If it mixed the style of WC/LucasGames shooters for a craft with the element/story building of the original that would be a fantastic game.

Prefer starfighter style stuff too.  I keep a semi-expensive joystick around I found a few years back cheap just for games like that as I have the entire WC legacy off GoG and XW and TIE games too with their packs.

Can you actually play games from the Epic Store offline now? I've read conflicting things online and I couldn't play the Unreal Tournament offline with bots awhile back. I'm hoping GOG will figure something out that would entice more developers to release their games on the platform. I have a HOTAS and would love to give this a go.

1 hour ago, xenomorpher said:

Can you actually play games from the Epic Store offline now? I've read conflicting things online and I couldn't play the Unreal Tournament offline with bots awhile back. I'm hoping GOG will figure something out that would entice more developers to release their games on the platform. I have a HOTAS and would love to give this a go.

Yes, you can play Epic store games offline. RGO is single-player and offline, so it should work fine. 

In other "fun facts" about alternate game installer clients, I learned that I had to sign into and update UPlay (Ubisoft) before I could uninstall some games from there. WTF?

• Thanks 1

Looks awesome.  I'll probably wait to try it out, currently stuck in No Man's Sky's grasp.  I heard it's not optimized for HOTAS or k&m and that your best bet is a controller, but I haven't looked to closely into why, exactly.  Might wait for the console version, if that's actually the case.