IGNORED

MUX OS Rom images?

Jeffrey Worley

Years ago when I ran Cheez Daddy's House of Funk, I had a MUX with a 30 foot (!), yes, it worked, cable connecting my three Ataris.  For years afterwards I had the Mux os in my machines and really got used to being able to turn the video dma (screen disable) off and on with the key combination shift+ctrl+8.  I miss that and was looking for a copy of the rom and it is nowhere to be found.  Is this out there somewhere I missed or is it still a closely held thing?  If it is still proprietary, is there a rom that has this function that isn't?

Best,

Jeff

3 hours ago, Technoid Mutant said:

Years ago when I ran Cheez Daddy's House of Funk, I had a MUX with a 30 foot (!), yes, it worked, cable connecting my three Ataris.  For years afterwards I had the Mux os in my machines and really got used to being able to turn the video dma (screen disable) off and on with the key combination shift+ctrl+8.  I miss that and was looking for a copy of the rom and it is nowhere to be found.  Is this out there somewhere I missed or is it still a closely held thing?  If it is still proprietary, is there a rom that has this function that isn't?

Best,

Jeff

Stephen J Carden used to sell MUX's after buying out the remaining stock of unbuilt boards from Bob Puff. He is sold out now but is a possible source for the custom OS ROM.

Edited by BillC

I don’t think that’s a function of the mux code, sounds more like Bob’s UltraSpeed OS or something. I have the source for both the host program and the slave patch, and as best I recall the slave patch just implements the sio intercept and the M: device.

20 hours ago, Technoid Mutant said:

Best,

Jeff

Can you please retype this paragraph using words that people that have no idea what you just said can understand?

Thank you! :) 

• Haha 1

Hello guys

I found the UltraSpeedPlus OS 1.5 manual by accident yesterday, so I just checked: Shift-Control-8 turns off the screen.

But Bob might have used features from one product (for example the UltraSpeedPlus OS) in other products (like the MUX OS).

Sincerely

Mathy