Vocelli

9 minutes ago, Vocelli said:

BREAKING NEWS!

We have a random drawing to win prizes for the TOP 24

Gold Medal Bracket (Top 8 Players)

Random Drawing for $100 Gift Certificate for the AtariAge store

Silver Medal Bracket (Top 9-16 Players)

Random Drawing for $50 Gift Certificate for the AtariAge store

Bronze Medal Bracket (Top 17-24 Players)

Random Drawing for $25 Gift Certificate for the AtariAge store

Prizes donated by Spriggy.... Thanks Spriggy!

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

KaeruYojimbo will donate a copy of his NEW Homebrew Game  'Ms. Galactopus' in a Random Drawing for all participants during the Homebrew weeks. Just post a score during the homebrew weeks and you are entered to WIN!

Thanks KaeruYojimbo!

Very generous of Spriggy and KaeruYojimbo for their donations. Is there going to be a paper medal round this year like last year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

Avics ARE my specialty, but the pic is actually a T. gigas, that I actually bred myself-known to be the fastest tarantula! Still a New World Arboreal, like Avics.

Thanks!!!

Sweet! I'm pretty new as an active Tarantula owner, I only have a Brachypelma hamorii sling and a young Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens lady. They are great fun, though. Especially the GBB.

DSCN0748.JPG

• Like 1

Played about 4 games. 5,000, 7,400, 10,500, 7,500, ...

This one is going to take some time to play well. The major issues are avoiding the diving orange ships during the laser battle. Have also lost a few ships on the warp tunnel, but I think sitting to the left of the tunnel entrance and shooting as tie fighter appears usually kills the ship before it starts spiraling out of control.

CaptainClassic - 10,500

[img=

]

• Like 1

This is a wretched version of a game I've come to really like. And no, it's not a case of "I hate it because I'm doing crappy and will like it when I start getting better" -- it's truly one of the worst 2600 ports I've ever seen, possibly worse than Pac-Man (hot take, I know). I had never played Gorf when I did my original review on my blog so I had no idea how unfaithful it was. What graphical limitations prevented CBS Electronics from including the shield in the Space Invaders and mothership levels? Why can't you move up and down and diagonally? I understand the absence of the Galaxian level (copyright issues) but why in the world wouldn't they include explosions in the second screen? Half the time I have no idea if I hit something because enemies seem to disappear at random. All this actually makes it harder than arcade Gorf, which is no walk in the park itself but was at least expertly programmed. But I'll probably keep playing it because I'm a sucker for this HSC.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariWarlord said:

This is a wretched version of a game I've come to really like. And no, it's not a case of "I hate it because I'm doing crappy and will like it when I start getting better" -- it's truly one of the worst 2600 ports I've ever seen, possibly worse than Pac-Man (hot take, I know). I had never played Gorf when I did my original review on my blog so I had no idea how unfaithful it was. What graphical limitations prevented CBS Electronics from including the shield in the Space Invaders and mothership levels? Why can't you move up and down and diagonally? I understand the absence of the Galaxian level (copyright issues) but why in the world wouldn't they include explosions in the second screen? Half the time I have no idea if I hit something because enemies seem to disappear at random. All this actually makes it harder than arcade Gorf, which is no walk in the park itself but was at least expertly programmed. But I'll probably keep playing it because I'm a sucker for this HSC.  

Yes - this game is not the best choice to kick off a new HSC-season..

9 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Highscore first timer: 7100 off of stella. I might try playing this on console/Retron 77 if I get time (are we allowed multiple entries?)

Yes, you can submit as many high scores as you like for a game before the time limit expires. (Only post a later score if it is higher than the previous, to make it easier on Vocelli)

• Like 1

Is it just me or is the collision detection way off in this game?  It's like the bombs just have to reach the general area where your ship is and it counts as a hit (they seem to stop slightly above your ship).  It seems kind of cheap to me.