IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 1 ~ Gorf

Vocelli

I played on the Retron 77 for a session tonight. For this game, I do like the feel of a Joystick better than a game pad on the NT Mini. Only thing is, I heard some plastic crack in the R77 controller while I was getting near my personal best. It seems to still be working, but probably not for long. Time to bust out a Wico!

Gorf R77.jpg

Gorf.jpg

Edited by Sneakyturtleegg
Played one last game for the night on the CRT. 16300

Hi All,

I most likely not be able to participate in many rounds this season ( a newborn on the way late September ) but if i can sneak a score in I will ?

Anyway here is my first score of the season!

GORF 1BB : 14,950

14950.thumb.JPG.b3fba758906bbe7132dd118aa3d0ba7d.JPG

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, nads said:

Hi All,

I most likely not be able to participate in many rounds this season ( a newborn on the way late September ) but if i can sneak a score in I will ?

Congrats mate, yeah same sorta boat here we are also having a new born in early December, will be exciting but busy times ?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Congrats mate, yeah same sorta boat here we are also having a new born in early December, will be exciting but busy times ?

That will be a Very Merry Christmas for you! Best present ever hey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 9:32 AM, Pat Larocque said:

Don't mean to stir anything up since I'm new here and I apologize in advance if I'm wrong, but this seems a little odd to me.....never seen this setup at the end of the game before, screen is always clear and lives count stays at zero every time when the game ends.

The screenshot was taken right after I lost my last live, thats why the screen looks like that

• Like 1

I'm back for my 3rd season and you all better get ready to see... ok scores at most games! ?Bow down and bask as I finish... like 20th or something! ?

In all seriousness, I do enjoy the HSC and gives me a reason to try out a game like this that I probably would not have done otherwise on my own time. Always fun to play stuff I know and learn about "new to me" games!

2600-01-season9-gorf01.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Leto27 said:

Gorg game 1 B/B.

Seems like I make more than 99900 points

1111502820_Gorf(1982)(CBSElectronics)_3.thumb.png.30ce634492229c655dfb5807f7c85f80.png

826522887_Gorf(1982)(CBSElectronics)_4.thumb.png.f36f066b2c46c09d5393d3723901a4b7.png

1540890298_Gorf(1982)(CBSElectronics)_5.thumb.png.5ed4db2b6969c09cf1efaf4ee910a4f5.png

Great job! Unlike all other Atari titles with no max out, Gorf does not roll over until 700,000. That symbol equals 110,000. They start looking even funkier after you hit 200K. ;-)

Edited by ZilchSr
Grammar

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

100K?  What's everyone's secret?  Are there repeating patterns I'm missing or something?

Excep for the laser stage in all other there is matter of pattern and timing also you can use your shoots as a shield, after certain point there is no difficulty increment, so once you get the rythm and with a lot of endurance you can possibly roll the score

5 minutes ago, Leto27 said:

Excep for the laser stage in all other there is matter of pattern and timing also you can use your shoots as a shield, after certain point there is no difficulty increment, so once you get the rythm and with a lot of endurance you can possibly roll the score

Figured as much.  I've never been much for memorizing patterns. :)

1 hour ago, Leto27 said:

Laser Stage does indeed have a pattern ;-)

• Like 1

Just curious ... Gorf doesn't roll over until 700,000, yet, 97,500 is considered "rollage" here. How is this "rollage" number set? Arbitrary? Or, is there some sort of formula? Last question would be why we are using the term "rollage" when the score isn't being rolled? It doesn't matter to me either way, but I am interested in how these things are determined.