IGNORED

Bluetooth Controller Adapter?

displaced

The default mapping do not map anything on the 2 stick but you can do whatever you want mapping-wise via the config.

You can use a keyboard, use two controller pair on single adapter, or use a controller and keyboard etc.

All of this is possible but It does require configuring the second device mapping to be output on port 1.

For the problematic games like Myst and Atari Kart a workaround is available as a presets to swap around the buttons.

Fix for Breakout 2000 will be in next BlueRetro FW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my adapters yesterday and was able to pair a PS4 controller.  I really wanted to pair my M30 but can’t seem to find it. Anyway it seems to work well so far with minimum lag.  

I’m trying to configure the adapter from my PC through the blue retro site and once paired I keep seeing errors around “GATT Server is disconnected, Cannot retrieve services”.

*edit* After the 10th attempt it finally pulled up the config, BT FTW

C12D4C54-A38A-47E7-A800-7302FFAA870D.jpeg

Edited by BeefMan
  • Like 5

Okay so one of the cooler features is being able to assign the individual strafe buttons in AvP, buttons 7 and 9 on the Jag pad, to the shoulder buttons on your Bluetooth controller. Proper strafe action!

Still unsure if you could map all the buttons to play AvP successfully. I’ll see what I can come up with.

Edited by BeefMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, BeefMan said:

Not to put down the great work that’s been done with this adapter. But to build on it, would be cool if there was something you could plug into a Jag controller, at the end of the plug, to make it BT compatible.  It would require batteries of course to power it. Seems like that would be possible.

This is in the works. I'm doing this for the Neo Geo first since it's a bit easier will less components. Here's a video of me using a Neo Geo CD pad plugged into my WIP BT adapter and using it via bluetooth on RetroArch: 

Proof of concept :D

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Doomy Doomer said:

This is in the works. I'm doing this for the Neo Geo first since it's a bit easier will less components. Here's a video of me using a Neo Geo CD pad plugged into my WIP BT adapter and using it via bluetooth on RetroArch: 

Proof of concept :D

This is awesome

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeefMan said:

Got my adapters yesterday and was able to pair a PS4 controller.  I really wanted to pair my M30 but can’t seem to find it. Anyway it seems to work well so far with minimum lag.  

I’m trying to configure the adapter from my PC through the blue retro site and once paired I keep seeing errors around “GATT Server is disconnected, Cannot retrieve services”.

*edit* After the 10th attempt it finally pulled up the config, BT FTW

C12D4C54-A38A-47E7-A800-7302FFAA870D.jpeg

I really wanted to do this and use my M30 controller as well. but I bought the one that has the Genesis dongle for plugin (2.4ghz) not the bluetooth kind so I'm screwed on that one. I'd want it to be a 3-button controller like the jag honestly, so the Genesis one would be the coolest to use. 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, BeefMan said:

Not to put down the great work that’s been done with this adapter. But to build on it, would be cool if there was something you could plug into a Jag controller, at the end of the plug, to make it BT compatible.  It would require batteries of course to power it. Seems like that would be possible.

I'll 100% agree with this guy on this. I'd prefer to use the actual Jag controller. If there was a way like he said to plug it into the end of the cord as a dongle and use a battery would be cool. THO you'd still have your jag cord hanging out but would have it tied up with a zip tie or rubber band and have the weight hanging off of it. 

BUT for anyone tech savvy enough, I think it would be awesome if you sold some kind of dongle like that but where you can remove the cord from the jag controller itself and attach it to the controller or splice it into the wires right at the cord outlet on the controller itself so it could be wireless that way. Or if the controller is thick enough if there was a way to put the dongle or batter box inside of the Jag controller if it could fit. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I'll 100% agree with this guy on this. I'd prefer to use the actual Jag controller. If there was a way like he said to plug it into the end of the cord as a dongle and use a battery would be cool. THO you'd still have your jag cord hanging out but would have it tied up with a zip tie or rubber band and have the weight hanging off of it. 

BUT for anyone tech savvy enough, I think it would be awesome if you sold some kind of dongle like that but where you can remove the cord from the jag controller itself and attach it to the controller or splice it into the wires right at the cord outlet on the controller itself so it could be wireless that way. Or if the controller is thick enough if there was a way to put the dongle or batter box inside of the Jag controller if it could fit. 

Like I mentioned, the former is in the works. The latter I thought about and even provided a Poll on twitter between a box or internal type mod but the majority of people don't have the skill set to mod their controllers even if it was simple soldering. So the majority voted for a "box" type vs internal type mod. Maybe down the road I'll offer both. Personally, I think the box type makes the most sense because you're not forever converting a perfectly good controller and you'd only have to buy one box for all different types of controllers. That impacts the Neo Geo a little more since it had the gamepad, arcade stick, and bean stick. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Like I mentioned, the former is in the works. The latter I thought about and even provided a Poll on twitter between a box or internal type mod but the majority of people don't have the skill set to mod their controllers even if it was simple soldering. So the majority voted for a "box" type vs internal type mod. Maybe down the road I'll offer both. Personally, I think the box type makes the most sense because you're not forever converting a perfectly good controller and you'd only have to buy one box for all different types of controllers. That impacts the Neo Geo a little more since it had the gamepad, arcade stick, and bean stick. 

I totally get it, there are likely not enough people that can mod or are willing to mod their Jag controller. I think it would be cool tho to eliminate the cord vs putting a box at the end of the cord since you'd still have the cord hanging. It could be tied up with a zip tie or rubber band I guess. I wasn't sure if it was easy as I've never taken a controller apart for my jag if there was some simple wire splicing and enough room inside or not

10 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I totally get it, there are likely not enough people that can mod or are willing to mod their Jag controller. I think it would be cool tho to eliminate the cord vs putting a box at the end of the cord since you'd still have the cord hanging. It could be tied up with a zip tie or rubber band I guess. I wasn't sure if it was easy as I've never taken a controller apart for my jag if there was some simple wire splicing and enough room inside or not

Don't worry, I also have something in the works for tying up the wire ;) As for wire splicing wires with those quick splice, like those automotive types, I'll let someone else make that kind of mod. lol To do any of this right you'd want a solid connection, which in my opinion means soldering OR better yet a new drop in PCB. That would probably drive prices way up since it would be two PCBs and a flex cable. Plus you'd still need to modify the shell for things like USB connection and LED status. Almost 30 yr old plastic hates being cut into. For the Neo Geo Pad I had originally designed a replacement drop in PCB, no soldering needed but there's next to no space for things like a battery and it's D-Pad switches are impossible to find. If you redo a Neo Geo Pad you better have clicky buttons or people will freak out. lol

Edited by Doomy Doomer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Don't worry, I also have something in the works for tying up the wire ;) As for wire splicing wires with those quick splice, like those automotive types, I'll let someone else make that kind of mod. lol To do any of this right you'd want a solid connection, which in my opinion means soldering OR better yet a new drop in PCB. That would probably drive prices way up since it would be two PCBs and a flex cable. Plus you'd still need to modify the shell for things like USB connection and LED status. Almost 30 yr old plastic hates being cut into. For the Neo Geo Pad I had originally designed a replacement drop in PCB, no soldering needed but there's next to no space for things like a battery and it's D-Pad switches are impossible to find. If you redo a Neo Geo Pad you better have clicky buttons or people will freak out. lol

I definitely trust the quality of your stuff. I would imagine you'd have some sort of clip or something for strapping the cable up for sure. I've bought other stuff from you (Jag 2 Gen, controller cover, CD slot cover) and Im the annoying guy in the Jag2Gen thread that got your adapter and used the Hyperkin and am desperate to try out your HDMI adapter when it's finally available as I want to see if it looks better than the jag2gen with Hyperkin HDMI. 

As for the Neo Geo, I have a CIB one of those and I have the original clicky controller, and I know the people who have NeoGeos would freak the F out for sure if they didnt have the clicky they are so stressed about having!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I definitely trust the quality of your stuff. I would imagine you'd have some sort of clip or something for strapping the cable up for sure. I've bought other stuff from you (Jag 2 Gen, controller cover, CD slot cover) and Im the annoying guy in the Jag2Gen thread that got your adapter and used the Hyperkin and am desperate to try out your HDMI adapter when it's finally available as I want to see if it looks better than the jag2gen with Hyperkin HDMI. 

As for the Neo Geo, I have a CIB one of those and I have the original clicky controller, and I know the people who have NeoGeos would freak the F out for sure if they didnt have the clicky they are so stressed about having!

Ohh let me know if you ever want to part ways with that AES. Mine looks like it drinks heavily and doesn't remember where it's been for most of the day. 

27 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

I can sympathise, believe me... 

I'd be fully on board with the Jag pad BT solution. 

The Jag is currently the only console I don't have a wireless pad for. 

Well done! I was hoping to see the insides but I can imagine getting it all buttoned up once was good enough. When I was looking into the Neo Pad, I was actually going to create a new bottom shell to allow everything to fit. All that aside though, the D-Pad is the biggest deterrent. Even SNK said F it and used an analog stick with their latest version along with shuffling around the face buttons. 

Edited by Doomy Doomer
  • Like 1

I have a question on this one. I have the following controller in the picture below, a 2.4GHZ wireless Sega Saturn controller, which comes with the dongle for a Sega Saturn but also a USB dongle as well. This thing says 2.4GHZ but would that also work with thie Jaguar adapter even tho it is 2.4GHZ and not bluetooth? Sorry for my ignorance on this one, but wanting to se eif it would work!

2022-02-24_10-23-53.png

2 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I have a question on this one. I have the following controller in the picture below, a 2.4GHZ wireless Sega Saturn controller, which comes with the dongle for a Sega Saturn but also a USB dongle as well. This thing says 2.4GHZ but would that also work with thie Jaguar adapter even tho it is 2.4GHZ and not bluetooth?

No, it won't.  2.4GHz controllers are not compatible with Bluetooth receivers.  You need a Bluetooth controller.

2 hours ago, Sargon said:

No, it won't.  2.4GHz controllers are not compatible with Bluetooth receivers.  You need a Bluetooth controller.

Yeah I botched that one, I for some reason was thinking this Jag adapter had a USB plug in it too for a dongle and this one I have came with a dongle so it won't work.

Sucks as I have this nice Saturn one from retrobit and an M30 Genesis controller form 8bitdo and both are 2.4ghz only. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully mapped the right analog stick on a controller to 2/4/6/8 on the Jag Keypad for dual stick play in Total Carnage? For the life of me I can't figure it out on my Switch Pro Controller. Here's my current config, which will let me move with either the left stick or d-pad, but the right stick isn't firing in the proper directions (down on the right stick fires up, and left on the right stick fires up-right. No other directions on the stick fire at all)

Any assistance is appreciated!

image.thumb.png.9a26b36b020bdabbd5edaea7c32416c0.png

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, zipxavier said:

Unfortunately you just missed the restock on 6/3. His email notification system was right on time for the restock, I'd recommend signing up for them.

Ah man. I'm signed up for the email notifications too. I've got other items from him in the past. Now that I've got a VCS and some Switch controllers that are Bluetooth I was hoping to try some with this

6 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Ah man. I'm signed up for the email notifications too. I've got other items from him in the past. Now that I've got a VCS and some Switch controllers that are Bluetooth I was hoping to try some with this

There was advance notice on the twitter about the restock if you want to follow him. It wouldn't let me link the twitter directly, so here is the advanced notice post.

Has anyone tried the VCS modern controller? I can't get it to work. It acts like it's connected but the buttons don't do anything. I've tried a couple of configurations and no change. I got my 8bitdo controller working but I really want to get the VCS pad working.