IGNORED

wanted: A8 Keystone Kapers map PNG

STE'86

I had a look also and it's noticably absent from http://mapy.atari8.info/

which is probably the definitive source for Atari 800 game maps.

I suspect the 2600 version likely uses a different map and/or is significantly smaller than the computer version.

This job I feel would probably be well achieved by using Altirra in a wide display mode, and some cheats and/or collision detect disabling might come in handy.

I found a YT video - is the C64 Chopper Command using some sort of emulation layer?

I was sort of surprised they didn't do Kapers for the C64 - though I suspect that like with some other 2600 conversions the original codebase was ported to the 800 with little in the way of changes but doing the same for other computers wouldn't be nearly as easy.

its the old "because its there" thing :)

CC started as a "short" project which looks easy but which in fact is extremely well coded and my coder Antonio Savona is mucho impressed with these 80s activision bods.

KK was decided to be converted because someone asked for it in the CC thread :) Again looks easy but has some interesting tough bits with sprite priority and the masses of raster split colours required to get it looking anything like the atari version

oh and CC will be an open source release so you guys can make an A8 version relatively easily.

Edited by STE'86
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...