IGNORED

PAPIE Disk Dumps from 19Echo

toddtmw

Hi.

@19Echo sent me a bunch of disks for evaluation and dumping. I'm still going through them but one set caught my eye.

It is a set of a whole lot of PAPIE (Professional Atari Programmer's Exchange) disks.

I loaded up the first one and it looks like Antic had programmers who were REQUIRED to submit something every month. I'm assuming these disks are the collection of that. There are 17 double-sided diskettes. I used Happy Sector Copier to copy most of them. Some of them were labelled on the disk as having sector or track issues so any disk that got any errors, I kryofluxed and converted to .atr. Those are marked with a (K). Except one, that only had one error and completed, I left that one and then labelled the one with the same name with (Kryoflux).

Anyway, even thought they are not original and some of them are on Atarimania, I thought I would share them here for others to look at.

Big thanks to @19Echo for sending me these disks.

PAPIE.zip

-Todd

• Like 12

Lots of routines but also some demos, game betas, tools… that would've been lost without your help :)

Seems there's some source code for a Centipede clone as well.

Here are three previously unseen games:

Blockade.bas Laser Maze.bas Sex Quiz.bas

Blockade seems to be a preliminary version of the program that was later picked up by Artworx (and currently missing in action).

Edited by www.atarimania.com
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, toddtmw said:

Hi.

@19Echo sent me a bunch of disks for evaluation and dumping. I'm still going through them but one set caught my eye.

It is a set of a whole lot of PAPIE (Professional Atari Programmer's Exchange) disks.

I loaded up the first one and it looks like Antic had programmers who were REQUIRED to submit something every month. I'm assuming these disks are the collection of that. There are 17 double-sided diskettes. I used Happy Sector Copier to copy most of them. Some of them were labelled on the disk as having sector or track issues so any disk that got any errors, I kryofluxed and converted to .atr. Those are marked with a (K). Except one, that only had one error and completed, I left that one and then labelled the one with the same name with (Kryoflux).

Anyway, even thought they are not original and some of them are on Atarimania, I thought I would share them here for others to look at.

Big thanks to @19Echo for sending me these disks.

PAPIE.zip 1.23 MB · 49 downloads

-Todd

I just stumbled upon an old advertisement for these disks.  I'm glad someone archived them.  Thanks for providing the images!

• Like 1