IGNORED

Can’t tell if sealed game is PAL or NTSC (Kangaroo)

Jstick

I have a sealed copy of Kangaroo (1988) which I always assumed was PAL as it has 6 languages on the back.  However I just noticed on AtariMania that the North American release from that year appears to use the same international box for some reason.

Game was purchased from someone in the US.  Any way to discern the region without opening?

You have posted pics that you got from Atari Mania, but you haven't shared a pic of your actual box that you are curious about. 

Like I stated above. If the box color is a very light gray rather than silver then it is likely the NTSC.  As you can see from the pics you posted from Atari Mania the NTSC is a lighter gray box and the PAL box is a little darker and silver.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I had just assumed the differences in brightness between pictures was due to lighting conditions.

My box is light gray in fact (though not as light as the bottom picture), so I'm guessing it is NTSC after all.

Really, the thing that initially confused me was the addition of Italian, Chinese and German.

Atari Corp released a lot of the their titles with multiple languages on the back of the box and multi-language manuals. 

Atari Inc did the same in areas where there were multiple languages in a close geographic are but their multi-language boxes has a small round sticker on the top flap with an N or P on the sticker to designate what type of cart it was. Atari Corp didn't do the stickers, probably as a cost cutting measure. 

2600 Multi-Language NTSC Stickers.jpg