IGNORED

ultimate sd

onemoretime

4 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

I own one of the Ultimate SD carts for my 5200 and never had any issues with it. What issues have you seen reported?

Nothing in particular. I ve been watching these for a very long time. Every now and again it s kinda the same reports... Timing issues with certain chipsets, and sd cards that won t work with it. I guess my question is, is it fiddly? I don t mind spending that kind of scratch on something if I can set it up one time and then leave it alone. What I m not interested in is another never ending project, as I have plenty of those. lol

I have one too and have mostly just set it up and left it alone.  It came with everything pre-installed on a micro sd card with adapter.  I backed everything up to a SanDisk 8gb class 4 card and continue to use it.  

From time to time I’ve added new ROMs and have not had any issues with my cart.  Works as advertised and I’m honestly happy with my purchase.

I like mine so much, that I’ll probable buy the Colecovision Ultimate SD cart, once I receive my CollectorVision Phoenix console. 

Mine also came with an SD card that worked out of the box. However, I did find that the Bad Apple demo played sluggishly and discovered that was due to the speed of the included SD card. So I put a class 10 Sandisk SD card and haven't had any issues. I also own the CV Ultimate SD as well and that too just works. The only flash device I've had any issues with is my Mateos 16 in 1 for the 7800. But that has more to do with that cart just being picky about USB cables and the OS you use it with. My LTO Flash for the Intellivision was having issues as well about a year ago or so? But after I did a restore to it from a prior backup it has been fine.