IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 1 - Shark! Shark!

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

LOL, yeah I'm trying to decide if I want to put myself through hell and figure it out, or just move on and save my sanity.  ?

Tough choice for you that’s for sure. 

Sanity over Hell or Hell over Sanity. 

For me its the time time it takes to get to 90 k , then it’s over in minutes.  You basically have minutes to come up(learn)with a new tactic before you die and have to start over.

Lol

sanity for me lmao ?   

• Like 2

Just now, m-crew said:

Tough choice for you that’s for sure. 

Sanity over Hell or Hell over Sanity. 

For me its the time time it takes to get to 90 k , then it’s over in minutes.  You basically have minutes to come up(learn)with a new tactic before you die and have to start over.

Lol

sanity for me lmao ?   

Well you are smarter than me for sure!  LOL!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Oh wait...you have to wait for the three turns before each strike?  You can't do them in succession...is that what you are saying?  I'm sure the big fish and crustaceans get in the way a lot.

Yes, you have to wait for 3 turns for each strike. Sometimes you can do it on 1 turn but that's usually a recipe for disaster lol. Yes they do get in the way a lot. But at least you don't have to worry about jelly fish. I never stay alive long enough to see them past 100k :D

Just now, Bamse said:

Yes, you have to wait for 3 turns for each strike. Sometimes you can do it on 1 turn but that's usually a recipe for disaster lol. Yes they do get in the way a lot. But at least you don't have to worry about jelly fish. I never stay alive long enough to see them past 100k :D

Good point on the jellyfish!  Well...this sounds like a lot of time and extreme concentration.  Not sure if my brain is ready for this, but I will try!  I will report back on my efforts, or most likely...failure.  LOL.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Looking forward to it. You beating me (again) I mean. :D

I just tried it and got 111k.  The technique you described was very, very hard to pull off.  Almost every time there was something in my way killing me. Also, he didn’t always turn 3 times and I would keep dashing into the middle of his body. Very frustrating.  I did see what you are talking about and killed 2 sharks, but that’s it.  I don’t know how you did it so effectively.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

4 hours ago, Bamse said:

Looking forward to it. You beating me (again) I mean. :D

Just tried it one more time and got to 112k, but honestly, I give up. 90% of the time, either:

A. Something is in my way, or

B. I dash into the middle of his body

Frustrating. Maybe there is some minor detail or nuance that I am missing.

Getting to 130k is absolutely unbelievable, and it’s amazing you were able to do that.

I don’t think I have the patience to keep trying it, so I am officially retired from Shark Shark and I declare you the King!  Congrats!!

I’m sure you’ll kick our asses in Beauty and the Beast too. Lol

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

I had a few more runs this morning. I must admit, I'm getting a bit sick of sharks now :D. I had to play 3 times this morning to break 110k.

I suppose I oversimplified it with the 3 turn thing. Playing again I realise that it's not that he turns 3 times each time, it's just that I am successful in sinking him when he sticks to that pattern. And no fish get in the way. And no crab gets in the way. And I'm not to near the bottom lol.

This morning I beat my new PB again and as promised, I recorded some footage of how I handle the shark although, it would appear he ramps up his difficulty level again post 130k.

Like you and M-crew, I've had enough now and looking forward to moving on to BatB :)

Screenshot_20190829-091634_Video Player.jpg

Edited by Bamse
Added screenshot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bamse said:

I had a few more runs this morning. I must admit, I'm getting a bit sick of sharks now :D. I had to play 3 times this morning to break 110k.

I suppose I oversimplified it with the 3 turn thing. Playing again I realise that it's not that he turns 3 times each time, it's just that I am successful in sinking him when he sticks to that pattern. And no fish get in the way. And no crab gets in the way. And I'm not to near the bottom lol.

This morning I beat my new PB again and as promised, I recorded some footage of how I handle the shark although, it would appear he ramps up his difficulty level again post 130k.

Like you and M-crew, I've had enough now and looking forward to moving on to BatB :)

The video seems to be a dead link, I can’t get it working.  Anyway, amazing job on beating your score again!  You shocked us all.  lol.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bamse said:

It should work. It's a big file so leave it open on the screen for a minute and it should load. That's what I have to do.

Thanks again :)

I got it to work on my laptop, wouldn't work on my phone for some reason.  I see that you do move a bit to the left or right to adjust for the shark's tail, and also don't always attack after 3 turns.  You have certainly mastered it...it looks like you have gotten used to what angle to attack from, which I certainly haven't.  I was just going straight down and then trying to attack straight up, and that was not working.  I need to figure out which way to move and adjust, but I don't feel like putting in that effort any longer.  Thanks for sharing that!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

7 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I got it to work on my laptop, wouldn't work on my phone for some reason.  I see that you do move a bit to the left or right to adjust for the shark's tail, and also don't always attack after 3 turns.  You have certainly mastered it...it looks like you have gotten used to what angle to attack from, which I certainly haven't.  I was just going straight down and then trying to attack straight up, and that was not working.  I need to figure out which way to move and adjust, but I don't feel like putting in that effort any longer.  Thanks for sharing that!!

You're welcome. Made a few silly mistakes but was trying hard to show my technique.

I suppose I oversimplified it a bit. Before 130k I definitely did the 3 turn thing more. A lot of it is luck as to where the other fish are and the crabs position. Also where the shark attacks from.

Leave it a while and give it another go. It I understand you've had enough of it now I have too lol.

BTW, I've seen someone get over 160k and it wasn't his best game ? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bamse said:

You're welcome. Made a few silly mistakes but was trying hard to show my technique.

I suppose I oversimplified it a bit. Before 130k I definitely did the 3 turn thing more. A lot of it is luck as to where the other fish are and the crabs position. Also where the shark attacks from.

Leave it a while and give it another go. It I understand you've had enough of it now I have too lol.

BTW, I've seen someone get over 160k and it wasn't his best game ? 

It definitely seems like you hafta have luck and the perfect set of circumstances to make it work right.  Plus also be able to adjust to the left or right and judge his movements more effectively.  I couldn't even fathom 160k, that's insane!  I appreciate the encouragement, but I think I am done.  I may try it again sometime, but this one's all yours.

• Like 1