Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 1 - Shark! Shark!

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Bamse said:

130300

20190828_230309.jpg

Wow !!!! great score , I could not even fathom someone even getting over 110 000 ...  You are a Shark Killer for sure....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bamse said:

130300

20190828_230309.jpg

Dude, that's incredible!  I thought I had ya with the 115k score, LOL!  Did you have like 200 lives when you crossed 100k?  Must have been a near perfect game.  I think that may be a record!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Wow !!!! great score , I could not even fathom someone even getting over 110 000 ...  You are a Shark Killer for sure....  

Thanks man, I've been playing it a lot and as such, haven't even started Beauty and the Beast yet 😬😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Thanks man, I've been playing it a lot and as such, haven't even started Beauty and the Beast yet 😬😁

Well it sure shows, you must have mastered the dart button.....  Congrats once again , thats the top score here  now in the  HSC  !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Dude, that's incredible!  I thought I had ya with the 115k score, LOL!  Did you have like 200 lives when you crossed 100k?  Must have been a near perfect game.  I think that may be a record!!

Thanks.

actually, I think when I got past 100k this time I had about 30 lives. I find the 90 to 99k shark harder for some reason than the post 100k shark. I can get into a rhythm with him easier I suppose . I gained 3 or 4 lives between about 110 and 120k but lost concentration after that and subsequently lost all my fish lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bamse said:

Thanks.

actually, I think when I got past 100k this time I had about 30 lives. I find the 90 to 99k shark harder for some reason than the post 100k shark. I can get into a rhythm with him easier I suppose . I gained 3 or 4 lives between about 110 and 120k but lost concentration after that and subsequently lost all my fish lol.

After 100k, the shark is nearly impossible to kill.  I've killed it a few times, but I don't understand how you are doing it?  You are hitting the disk in the beginning right?  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m-crew said:

Well it sure shows, you must have mastered the dart button.....  Congrats once again , thats the top score here  now in the  HSC  !!!!

Dart is a must but rhythm is the key. After 100k, wait for the shark at the top of the screen, move down and strike. You need to use the whole height of the screen and pray the crab or the bigger fish don't get in the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bamse said:

Dart is a must but rhythm is the key. After 100k, wait for the shark at the top of the screen, move down and strike. You need to use the whole height of the screen and pray the crab or the bigger fish don't get in the way.

I use dart all the time, but never thought to wait at the top of the screen for him after 100k.  So you are saying when he gets close to you, you dart under him and then attack back and forth from there?  Seems very hard to do that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

After 100k, the shark is nearly impossible to kill.  I've killed it a few times, but I don't understand how you are doing it?  You are hitting the disk in the beginning right?  LOL

Yep, always play this game on disc. Don't think it makes any difference in the later parts of the game but yes, it's way to slow at the start if on anything other than disc. I can get the shark after 100k about 1 in 3. I'm getting better though. If I play again I'll see if I can get the wife to video a bit so you can see the technique :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Dart is a must but rhythm is the key. After 100k, wait for the shark at the top of the screen, move down and strike. You need to use the whole height of the screen and pray the crab or the bigger fish don't get in the way.

Thanks rhythm ,Dart and pray... sounds easier then done.. lmao !!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I use dart all the time, but never thought to wait at the top of the screen for him after 100k.  So you are saying when he gets close to you, you dart under him and then attack back and forth from there?  Seems very hard to do that...

Exactly. I always wait for him to turn 3 times and strike just at the third turn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bamse said:

Yep, always play this game on disc. Don't think it makes any difference in the later parts of the game but yes, it's way to slow at the start if on anything other than disc. I can get the shark after 100k about 1 in 3. I'm getting better though. If I play again I'll see if I can get the wife to video a bit so you can see the technique :)

That is amazing man, when I got to 115k that was a chore.  Would be very interesting to see your technique as you describe after 100k.  Appreciate that!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bamse said:

Exactly. I always wait for him to turn 3 times and strike just at the third turn.

Wow, that's so cool that you figured that out...I would have never thought of that.  I'll give it a try, but I have pretty much conceded this one to you.  You win!  Incredible job man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Wow, that's so cool that you figured that out...I would have never thought of that.  I'll give it a try, but I have pretty much conceded this one to you.  You win!  Incredible job man!

 I seem to remember my PB on this was around 108k in the past. Once again, it's the competition here that's pushed me to improve :)

Keep going brother, there still a few days :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bamse said:

 I seem to remember my PB on this was around 108k in the past. Once again, it's the competition here that's pushed me to improve :)

Keep going brother, there still a few days :)

Well seeing as I don't know how exactly you were doing your strategy, I'm not sure if I will figure it out in time.  You crushed it for sure!  We'll see how it goes but if I get too frustrated I'll just move on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bamse said:

 I seem to remember my PB on this was around 108k in the past. Once again, it's the competition here that's pushed me to improve :)

Keep going brother, there still a few days :)

When you're waiting at the top of the screen, do you wait until the last second before he kills you, and then dart straight down and wait for the 3 turns to strike?  Or do you have to do it at any certain angle?  He is above you at this point doing those 3 turns right?  Just confirming.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Well seeing as I don't know how exactly you were doing your strategy, I'm not sure if I will figure it out in time.  You crushed it for sure!  We'll see how it goes but if I get too frustrated I'll just move on.

My thoughts as well !!! I moved on already !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, m-crew said:

My thoughts as well !!! I moved on already !!!

LOL, yeah I'm trying to decide if I want to put myself through hell and figure it out, or just move on and save my sanity.  😊

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

When you're waiting at the top of the screen, do you wait until the last second before he kills you, and then dart straight down and wait for the 3 turns to strike?  Or do you have to do it at any certain angle?  He is above you at this point doing those 3 turns right?  Just confirming.

Exactly that. Leave it till the last second, dart down and use the space to wait for 3 turns then dart up hitting his tail. Then you are at the top again. Rinse and repeat. The problem is if bigger fish or the crab/lobster gets in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bamse said:

Exactly that. Leave it till the last second, dart down and use the space to wait for 3 turns then dart up hitting his tail. Then you are at the top again. Rinse and repeat. The problem is if bigger fish or the crab/lobster gets in the way.

Oh wait...you have to wait for the three turns before each strike?  You can't do them in succession...is that what you are saying?  I'm sure the big fish and crustaceans get in the way a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...