IGNORED

Pre-orders are open for "The Early Years" 6MB cartridge

Songbird

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 48 hours left to pre-order the Retrogamer tier for The Early Years at $5 off retail price! Offer ends Oct 4, 2019, after which orders will be taken at regular price.

I received my first batch of carts this week and have started assembly. Still waiting on some of the printed material before I will have these ready, but I am on track to ship all pre-orders this month. Additionally I will bring a small quantity of Early Years carts with me to PRGE, and some of these newly minted T-shirts too...

image.png.f1bffedfc4b6874b57e9a73ee26f2e9e.png

Hope to see Atari fans soon in Portland! :D

• Like 1

Yes, you can! I just added a Songbird T-shirt line at the top of the online catalog. But FYI, I only printed about 4 of each size just to test the waters with this. If there is sufficient demand, I can print more, of course. :)

Place the order and it will add a shipping fee. I will have to manually refund the shipping if you are adding this to a previous Early Years pre-order. Thanks!

Edited by Songbird
  • Like 1

Reminder: if you want a T-shirt added to your order (or want to order a T-shirt in general), please do so ASAP. I am packing up my merchandise this week including shirts to ship to PRGE. Also I am going to start shipping the first batch of Early Years pre-orders in the next few days. :)

T-shirts are available on the Songbird website with sizes M - 2XL.

JagMind: Bomb Squad PLUS is a fully remastered release of the 2006 CD game.

All art has been updated and is crispier and cleaner. Same with sound effects.

The music is completely new, with tracks made by Carl Forhan and Marcus Losbjer.

Most importantly the gameplay has been completely rebuild and features a much improved progression in singleplayer and better playability in two player mode now.

It features improved highscore saving, too.

Roughly estimated 80% of assets and code are updated or redone from scratch.

If there is interest I'm happy to share some insights from the development.

Edited by Starcat
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Glad you're enjoying it!

FYI I've sold about 60 carts total so far, and the cart run is limited to 250 units total to match the size of the print run. So if anyone wants a cart, I will have plenty for the coming months but eventually they will run out...

Also stay tuned for some surprise keypad codes in the coming weeks! :D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

First code for The Early Years: on the main menu, type FAN (326) on the keypad. This immediately takes you back to the screen listing the Superfan pre-orders screen, instead of having to wait for 60+ seconds for the idle time screen rotation. Pretty simple, I know. But there are several more 3-digit codes for you to discover... :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Love these hidden little things on games. So much fun.

So many great games on the Jaguar the last few years and also this coming year.

Great time to own a Jaguar. This is a really nice collection and extremely fun.

So if you have not bought one, do it. Grab Loopz also, another addicting puzzle game.

• Like 2

Second code was already discovered: 585 (JUL)

This loads the animated fractal demo originally created by Temporary Sanity Designs, and can also be seen in the title screen of the Virtual VCS demo. Here's a screenshot of the Early Years version:

image.png.cd32ed97fa077ec6d9b7a62fa80fd5b1.png 

To enter easter egg mode, press Pause. While paused, different buttons will manipulate the image by changing the fractal table, increasing or decreasing the X and Y tempo, and so on. Try some combinations while paused and see what the effect is. Here is a list of controls while paused:

1 + 3:  toggle text display off and on

2: advance to the next fractal table

A: double X and Y tempo (cumulative)

B: flip directions

C: halve X and Y tempo (cumulative)

Left / right: decrease/increase X tempo

Down / Up: decrease/increase Y tempo

Pause: pause fractal or exit easter egg mode

Enjoy!

• Like 2