IGNORED

RBG cables best option for sony PVM

jjona5

I'm running RetroGamingCables Jag -> SCART that goes into my array of Bandridge SCART switch boxes, then from that a RGC SCART -> PVM cable. Not a cheap undertaking to get them to the States. I suspect one of the better cable makers over the pond will be able to sort you out, Retro Access maybe?

Retro Access doesn't make a standard Jag cable with BNC, only SCART. But since they custom build even their "standard" cables, you can also custom order one with whatever source and destination connectors you want.

Looks like a 5' Jag to BNC (assuming that is what you need) would be about $51.50 or so. About $20 more than the Jag SCART cable I ordered from them (which is getting delivered today) to use with my OSSC. And from what I've read their quality is top notch.

I have a Sony BVM-20F1E and a PVM-14L2MD, both of which have a "Female RGBS SCART to 4 x BNC adapter cable for Sony PVM/ BVM monitors" connected:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-av-accessories/sony-pvm/sony-pvm-scart-converter-bnc

I then use RGB + CSYNC SCART cables with my classic consoles to connect to the Sonys, but also could connect to any TV with SCART inputs, OSSC (to a video projector or TV) etc.

For the Jag I bought this SCART:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/atari-jaguar/ATARI-JAGUAR-RGB-SCART-CABLE-COMPOSITE-SYNC-CSYNC

As a follow up, my Retro Access cables are top notch. Very well made, and the Jag connector is molded to only fit one way. A couple people on the classic gaming discord were also recently talking about the high quality of their cables.

if you are serious about this, spend the few extra bucks and get their cables. Worth it.