IGNORED

Mr Robot's XEL build... Continued.

Mr Robot

Very nice! :)

I see you have a VBXE in there - I've been considering one for my XLD, but ... I don't know how much NTSC-compatible software there is for it, and I have no PAL-compatible displays. I do have a GBS8220 VGA converter board that can accept an RGB signal but I haven't looked into the details with much specificity. 

There is ~0 NTSC software for the VBXE. That doesn't mean none, There's Last Word for example, but there is almost none for PAL so it's _really_ slim pickings for NTSC.

The quality of the display is amazing though, and I'd have got it just for the VBXE version of Rick Dangerous when it comes out. 

I run mine out to a GBS8220 and into a Dell monitor, looks lovely. Now I want to hide the 8220 inside the case.

I also need room for a Drakaris (or whatever its name is this week) and other fun stuff 

Yeah, realistically a Sophia DVI makes more sense than a VBXE. But that real 80-column mode is pretty cool. :) 

Anyway, your XEL looks great. The wiring is excellent and the internal MIDI board looks fantastic. Well-done, sir!

• Like 1

Wow I dont even recognize most of what is on that. I just want to get my basic XEL to boot! :)

Looks fantastic though. 

I have built all that I can for now.. waiting to get a pic programmer and then we will see about booting this thing up!!

James

• Like 1