IGNORED

2P Go

Andrew Davie

A suggestion was made in another thread to make a 2 player Go.

I had a go and although initial results were not promising, I now have a display that looks mostly OK.

I thought I'd put it in a thread with a more obvious title, and where I can do updates.

The idea is that this is just a representation of a go board on which two players can play the game by alternating placing their 'stones' on it.

Not much more than that.

• Like 1

I appreciate this is in early stage development, but looking at the video I think I would find it difficult to get an overview of the entire board of play which I think would be essential in a strategy game like this.

I the absence of being able to get a single view of the entire board perhaps if the view area changed by quarters rather than scrolling it would be easier for players see how adjacent tiles in the different quadrants fit together in order to determine where to place their next stone. Although, I appreciate that may limit the maximum board size - just an observation for your consideration. 

The look around feature is interesting but I wouldn't like it in Chess and I don't mind Video Chess hiding the board between moves but I like to see the whole Chess board when it's my turn to move, Go players may feel similarly. 

It looks like the engine could render a Chess board via the character graphics on one screen.