IGNORED

Weird image

That's Yahoo just being stupid, it must be grabbing the first image from the page you're linking.  I can't really do anything about that at all. 

There are meta tags generated to provide an image when sharing links to AtariAge on other sites..  For forum posts, it'll grab the first image attachment in the thread.  If there isn't an appropriate image, this is used instead:

image.png

But I'm guessing Yahoo is doing their own thing and just looking at the page and grabbing whatever they think is an appropriate image, which in your example above happens to be your profile photo.  Not sure if other web clients do this.  Curious what @atari2600land is using.

..Al

Just now, Random Terrain said:

I didn't pay attention to when it started, but it seems like I've been doing the "post link, kill rectangle" dance for more than a year.

Okay, good, then it's likely nothing to do with the recent forum upgrade.  Does it do this on other websites as well?

..Al