IGNORED

B&C Public Domain disk

Allan

Spent yesterday copying all the B&C pd disks I got last week. Most of these are one-sided. Amazingly the M.W.P.D.S. disks I posted in the other thread had no errors. The B&C disks only had two disks that had errors. Maybe somebody could repair them. All were copied with Disk Wizard II.

Disk BC025 had CRC errors on sectors 662, 680, 698 and 716 and disk PBC001 has a CRC error on sector 427.

Many public domain disk sellers used disks from other PD collections so it might be possible to use those to fix these if they are archived.

In general, not too bad for 25 year old public domain disks. I did have one disk PBC068 Printshop Label Maker that was blank. I have gotten a couple of other disks from B&C made that were blank so I am not surprised.

Again, hopefully others have some original B&C public domain disks that they can copy and post here.

It would be nice to have these in one place. Maybe someone could start a Atari 8-bit public domain disk site.

My next stack of public domain disks are from C & T ComputerActive. There are a lot more of these so hopefully we can find some jems (and hopefully the low disk errors trend continues :)  ).

Any questions or requests, just let me know.

Allan

B&C Disks.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

I had a lot of PD disks from C&T back in the day. Sadly lost with all my other original software back in the mid 90's when I left the box with all my Atari 8-bit software behind moving from the Midwest to California. No way to recover it at the time. Actually, IIRC, I didn't even realize it until months or years later. But to this day I remember the exact spot in my old apartment that I left it sitting, to the far side of my waterbed that I was forced to leave behind, right were it would be easily forgotten with all the things in one's head to keep track of during a big move!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Sad 1

PBC001_A_Gold_Card.atr is very similar to C&T disk 170 (not identical though, complicating restoration).  If you extract TITLE.BAS from C&T disk 170, you can use the 125 bytes in TITLE.BAS from offset 0x345d to reconstruct sector 427 with reasonable confidence.

PBC001_A_Gold_Card.atr

I'll look into BC025 later, it's likely I can fix that one as well.

• Like 3

BC025_A_Game_Disk_4 CRC errors all occur in unused sectors that probably contained all 0x1a bytes given the contents of nearby sectors.  I flipped all the variant bytes in those sectors back to 0x1a (14 bytes total), but since the sectors are unused, this repair shouldn't matter.

BC025_A_Game_Disk_4.atr

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Although it's taken me (so far) about 3 years to finally start going through all the floppies I picked up during my crazy Atari-adopting binges of the last 3 years, I am finding a few things to give to the Atari community.

Among them is several missing C&T ComputerActive PD disks, so what I did was take the existing compilation and then added the disks I have here.

If a filename includes (E) after it, there were errors during the atr creation process. I included any logfiles generated, however.

Hope this helps!

--Tim

An Atari owner

C and T ComputerActive.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Timothy for doing this. Here are my C&T disks images I made from all original T&C disks. Looking at both quickly, some are duplicates, some are not. Maybe we can sort through these and eventually make a complete collection. You can ignore the last two Typesetter disks although you can enjoy them as well but were not part of the C&T collection.

C&T ComputerActive.zip

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Thanks Timothy for doing this. Here are my C&T disks images I made from all original T&C disks. Looking at both quickly, some are duplicates, some are not. Maybe we can sort through these and eventually make a complete collection.

C&T ComputerActive.zip 2.68 MB · 1 download

Thank YOU, Allan!

I combined the three collections (yours, mine, Pooldisk) and standardized the filenames to match your existing archive. I also included the catalog you had posted on Archive.org simply to bundle everything into a single location.

There were two files named Typesetter that I could not find in the catalog, but they were included in your zip (above) so they continue on in the attached ZIP, as well.

--Tim

CT_ComputerActive_PD_Collection_incomplete.zip

Edited by Timothy Kline
Forgot to mention that I included the files available through the Pooldisk archive.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Timothy Kline said:

Thank YOU, Allan!

I combined the three collections and standardized the filenames to match your existing archive. I also included the catalog you had posted on Archive.org simply to bundle everything into a single location.

There were two files named Typesetter that I could not find in the catalog, but they were included in your zip (above) so they continue on in the attached ZIP, as well.

--Tim

CT_ComputerActive_PD_Collection_incomplete.zip 9.71 MB · 1 download

Fantastic. Yea, ignore the two Typesetter disks. They have nothing to do with the C&T disks.

Thanks for putting both collections together. Maybe this will inspire others to add some of the missing disks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I wish we had something like Aminet for all the Atari PD & Shareware software out there.

Someone either needs to manage the data flow by hand or find some way to automate it a bit via a submission engine, a la archive.org or Aminet's FTP upload.

Here are some corrected disks:

007: Sector 710 is blank, fixed from another copy (probably from the PoolDisk)

118: Sectors 24 and 49 in DOS/DUP are garbled.  Sectors lifted from another disk.

216: Sector 652 garbled, fixed from another copy (probably from the PoolDisk). EDIT: Nope, I had manually fixed this a while ago using PoolDisk HAPS\PDTO1000\PD0570.ATR to source the damage sector.

PD216_Game_Disk_36.atr PD118_X-Rated_Digitized_Pictures_1.atr PD007_Game_Disk_7.atr

Edited by Atari_Ace
  • Like 4