IGNORED

Has anyone ever seen this Star Wars game for the 2600?

BennyBean

I’ve recently been looking through the Box of my copy of Empire strikes back for the 2600 and found this game listed alongside of the Ewok adventure game in an ad (sorry for the bad picture, I couldn’t find the time to snap another). It seems to be the sister game to Ewok adventure since it’s listed as „Game II“ and Ewok Adventure is listed as „Game I“. Anyway I got curious and tried to do some research but couldn’t find anything. So I wanted to ask if anyone has ever seen this game before? It has obviously been canceled with Ewok adventure, but I just want to know if anyone has ever heard of it.

C6DE7DB9-8937-466D-ABE5-935EB6BE4BE4.jpeg

Love how generic that ad copy is. It reads as if it were written before the game had even been designed. You could pretty much use it, Mad-Lib style, for any tie-in game...

[Product title] is an action game derived from the block-busting [entertainment media] of the same name, combining non-stop action and excitement with the [genre/genre] elements of the [source material] theme. Successful game play depends on skillful manipulation of the controller in a tense, dynamic, fast-paced environment, with strategy an important element.

For example:

Chase the Chuckwagon is an action game derived from the block-busting TV commercial of the same name, combining non-stop action and excitement with the western/advertising elements of the Purina Dog Chow theme. Successful game play depends on skillful manipulation of the controller in a tense, dynamic, fast-paced environment, with strategy an important element.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Cafeman said:

I am imagining a pretty fun Barge game!  Deflect incoming shots with your Luke Laser Sword, also mow down Jabba’s crew as they advance toward you in waves, knocking them into the Sarlacc pit every now and then to appease it! Watch out for flying Boba Fetts!

That would have been an ad to make me buy the game. It would actually be awesome to see a homebrew like this, I would buy that immediately!

Edited by BennyBean