IGNORED

The Lower Planes BBS update

Aunty Entity

The Lower Planes has had the following foibles and changes recently.

1. Complete failure of HD on which it was stored
  2. Therefore a complete rebuild, which after some foibles of its own is now fully functional and improved from before
  3. Local message areas for Apple II, General, and FSX net for those interested.
  4. Super Stocked and growing file areas.
  5.  I'd give my left testicle to figure out why x/y/z modem refuse to work, so FTP is really the only transfer option
  6. Files are packed in .shk format as per the halcyon days, to load into your existing system more readily
  7. Message base has had a complete reset, but its starting to bop along again.
  8. Online games have all been reset too.

The Lower Planes firmly reccommends ProTerm, Megaterm, and Agate for enhanced viewing pleasure.  You can have sexy ansi (slower), basic ansi (highlighting in colour, faster) or the standby standard of  ASCII

Would still like to investigate a message network between GBBS pro systems.  Not sure what can be done with Warp6.

A

tlp.zapto.org www/telnet/ssh/ftp initial login is through a linux system which requires a login:password of bbs:bbs.

Edited by Aunty Entity

1 hour ago, Aunty Entity said:

1.  I'd give my left testicle to figure out why x/y/z modem refuse to work, so FTP is really the only transfer option

Good to see you back up and running!

I know that downloading with modern terminal programs (SyncTERM, Zoc7) didn't work with my BBS until we figured out to use Telnet Raw Socket Connections (pure TCP) within those terminal programs.  However, downloading with a real Apple II running ProTerm or AE Express always worked fine.

8 hours ago, Byte Knight said:

Good to see you back up and running!

I know that downloading with modern terminal programs (SyncTERM, Zoc7) didn't work with my BBS until we figured out to use Telnet Raw Socket Connections (pure TCP) within those terminal programs.  However, downloading with a real Apple II running ProTerm or AE Express always worked fine.

Interesting, at the BBS end I played around with TCPd to eliminate the telnet link, but that brought a whole lot of weirdness by itself.  You'd have to hit enter on everything, even if you had hotkeys enabled, and it broke ANSI.  Might still be worth looking for "socket" communication though.