IGNORED

Top Ten – Rarest / Most Valuable Atari Jaguar Games!

Adriano Arcade

Ever wondered what are the top 10 rarest / most valuable Atari Jaguar games?! Well, your wish is Arcade Attack's command:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/top-ten-rarest-atari-jaguar-games/

Please note: Getting 100% accurate prices (using various sites etc was quite difficult for some games!)

• Like 2

Last time I looked numbers 10,9,8,7, and 5 were all still readily available to buy brand new from telegames in the UK and also seemed to be plenty of new ones online in USA on ebay - each time those games run out they just seem to do another batch of them... I think rarity of telegames stuff is it will never be rare as they can just run off more of them, although they do sometimes add the words 'limited edition' to the box artwork - just my opinion for what its worth

• Like 1

? Unlike my Playstation,  Mega Drive and Mega CD owning days, i only had 1 game on that list (Rayman) so i don't feel too bad about offloading my Jaguar at a clearance price all those years ago.

Worms i picked up on Playstation,  Aircars, Atari Karts, Breakout 2000 and Towers 2 never interested me.

Another World i never showed any interest in on the ST or M.D .

Battlesphere, I.S II and Zero 5 were my type of games, but the lure of the Playstation meant by the time they were avaiable, i was an ex-Jaguar owner and i picked up I.S III and found the likes of Darklight Conflict and Colony Wars series scratched  those itches.

Edited by Lost Dragon

4 hours ago, walter_J64bit said:

All the games on this list are awesome. The only one I hate in this list is Zero 5, I can't get passed the way the controller is setup.

OK, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are excellent. Atari Karts is decent. Will give 1 and 10 a solid try when given the chance. So you're saying Towers II is good? Might have to give it another go then. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, Adriano Arcade said:

Ever wondered what are the top 10 rarest / most valuable Atari Jaguar games?! Well, your wish is Arcade Attack's command:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/top-ten-rarest-atari-jaguar-games/

Please note: Getting 100% accurate prices (using various sites etc was quite difficult for some games!)

Read this the other day when you posted it on one of the Jaguar Facebook groups. Good read. Thanks for sharing here, too. As echoed by others, the Telegames releases are available through Songbird and Telegames UK at prices below what you list. Obviously eBay prices will be higher than directly through the manufacturer (Telegames) or an authorized distributor (Songbird). Might want to check out both Songbird's and Telegames' sites to clean up your pricing a bit. Obviously VAT is removed from the equation for US buyers when dealing with Telegames UK, further lowering the price. 

For eBay listings, I have found GameValueNow to be pretty accurate - much better than PriceCharting.

3 hours ago, Machine said:

Another World/Out of this World is amazing! You missed out on a great game/experience!

Yeah strange i never took to it.

Really enjoyed Flashback on the Mega Drive but for some reason,  maybe talk of frustrating deaths in early stages? (memory is hazy here) i just ignored it on home micro and later console. 

When you compile lists like these it's sometimes hard to distuinguish between games that are pricey because of popularity or because they are rare.

AvP for example, one of the first games to be released and a huge hit, probably the most common game made for the jag, except perhaps for cybermorph, but quite expensive because everyone wants it.

I'd like to submit Powerdrive rally to the list, it's one of those "flying under the radar" kind of games that is good but everyone figures they'll get later but nowadays is looking at sky high prices.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greenious said:

When you compile lists like these it's sometimes hard to distuinguish between games that are pricey because of popularity or because they are rare.

AvP for example, one of the first games to be released and a huge hit, probably the most common game made for the jag, except perhaps for cybermorph, but quite expensive because everyone wants it.

I'd like to submit Powerdrive rally to the list, it's one of those "flying under the radar" kind of games that is good but everyone figures they'll get later but nowadays is looking at sky high prices.

And then there’s Speedster II and Skycopter. I managed to snag an original Speedster II from jaysmith2000 about fifteen years ago, but haven’t seen an orginal cart since then. I can’t imagine too many of those were made (or kept).

Can we only consider Speedster and Skycopter being video games? they were intended for young children, offering no challenge at all.

Beta Phase games announced several years ago they wanted to distribute them but it never happened.

Roms for both are floating on the net which is not the case for some home-brews that deserve to be ranked amongst the rarest game for the Jaguar such as Blackout, Gorf, Mad Bodies...

Try to buy the first release of Superfly DX...

The list is not stupid because the 10 games listed are rare and hard to find but I won't go for it to pretend it lists the 10 rarest Jaguar game ever...

Moreover for some of them, finding the rom on the net is not very difficult and for other reproductions pop up regularly on the net so OK they are not original copy but for the guy who is looking for playing the games and not to collect them on a shelf, it means it is possible to play them...

2 hours ago, Felyx said:

Can we only consider Speedster and Skycopter being video games? they were intended for young children, offering no challenge at all.

Beta Phase games announced several years ago they wanted to distribute them but it never happened.

Roms for both are floating on the net which is not the case for some home-brews that deserve to be ranked amongst the rarest game for the Jaguar such as Blackout, Gorf, Mad Bodies...

Try to buy the first release of Superfly DX...

The list is not stupid because the 10 games listed are rare and hard to find but I won't go for it to pretend it lists the 10 rarest Jaguar game ever...

Moreover for some of them, finding the rom on the net is not very difficult and for other reproductions pop up regularly on the net so OK they are not original copy but for the guy who is looking for playing the games and not to collect them on a shelf, it means it is possible to play them...

I take your point, but young kids like to play video games too. My own kids played the heck out of Speedster II a few years ago, but are a little past that now at the ages of 10 and 11. And it's not as if some Homebrews haven't suffered from much the same issue.

I agree that those Carnival carts are in something of a gray area, because they weren't prepared for the mass gaming market, but I say we throw them into the mix since the carts were widely (if rarely) available for a time around the turn of the century and weren't created for one specific gamer or collector.

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

but I say we throw them into the mix since the carts were widely (if rarely) available for a time around the turn of the century and weren't created for one specific gamer or collector.

The roms of each are floating around so from my point of view there is no need to count those 2 in rare games for the Jaguar as almost anyway who want to have simply can: I have not tried to play those roms on a Skunk: I just had a look on them via Virtual Jaguar and decided they offered no interest at least for me and my children were already too old for that.