IGNORED

Anyone having trouble placing orders with Best Electronics?

Trellot

17 hours ago, adam1977 said:

Why don't you put an ad in the wanted area of the forum? ;-)

Not a bad idea.  Considering how things turn out on the BE end of things, I'm sure that's where I'll have to be.  Being new the forums here I didn't even know there was a Wanted space. :)  Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Trellot
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mclaneinc said:

Satisfied customers...Always good for ALL to hear that...

Update: There's just one little thing I'd love Brad to get done and that is a digital version of the catalogue, the cost of getting one to the UK is simply extreme, I'd happily pay almost the same as a paper one just to have it as digital..

I suppose he still has a pallet full and suspects once he releases it digitally those will become dead weight....

That's definitely feasible...

Its so annoying dealing with a man who wants to stay as it was in 1984....His business I guess...I like a real book / mag just like most but the cost to get his catalogue to me is silly...Especially when you want it merely for reference..

I'm not THAT desperate for one...

6 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

That's definitely feasible...

Its so annoying dealing with a man who wants to stay as it was in 1984....His business I guess...I like a real book / mag just like most but the cost to get his catalogue to me is silly...Especially when you want it merely for reference..

I'm not THAT desperate for one...

Believe me, I regret purchasing mine! :|  And I love remembering back when I did purchase it and was told, that the cost of the catalog would not be used to meet the minimum purchase price per order, bhahah! :) 

Edited by Trellot
  • Haha 1

My thoughts re Best are as an ex retail manager, when I see people running their business in an odd way its a little niggle but its their business so do it as you please. In respect of the man himself, I've met him the once and he was polite and seemed a nice bloke but hell was he tight with the catalogues :)

And as said, I'd love a catalogue but the cost of shipping it to me makes it a non starter...Its hardly the end of the world....I'd love to see Best flourish by changing a few things but Brad deserves a legend status for the way he's been here for the community all these years with a huge list of very satisfied customers and a smaller number who found him abrasive at times especially with quantities...

At the end of the day its bloody useful to have Brad still popping out stuff than not having the ability to get bits....Long may he keep it up..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

At the end of the day its bloody useful to have Brad still popping out stuff than not having the ability to get bits....Long may he keep it up..

I have to agree as well.  Who knows maybe my package will show up at some point, lol.  Maybe the moral of my story is if you request a stock check...buy it! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, manterola said:

I ordered 3 week ago or so (I needed a keyboard connector and a Pokey chip), just after reading the Worst electronics thread... I have to say he answered next day, with a total $ including shipping. So I paid thru Paypal. The order was shipped after few days (2, 3, or 4 I don't remember). Pretty smooth transaction...  I guess I just followed the rules (as Jerry Seinfeld did).

I've got to say that this was my experience, too, and I was very happy with the purchase. ?

Sure, I was careful to list everything that I wanted with Quantity, Price, Part Number and Description, just to make things as-easy-as-possible, but the whole experience was very positive ... and now my 1200XL keyboard works, and I'm running it with the bug-fixed 1200XL Rev-B OS.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to speak up in defense of Bradley. I just got off the phone with him for my second ever successful order.

I have noticed that he is definitely quirky. That can't be denied. And the catalog isn't all it's cracked up to be, but purchasing the catalog was my decision. I did run into the whole "you need to limit your order to three or four items" issue, but I'd only planned to order a couple of items, so that didn't bother me, at least this time. I do wish he had a slick, nice, updated web site that I could order off of like ordering from Amazon, but that isn't Bradley and I knew that going in.

I asked a couple of initial questions via email over a couple of days then called my order in this afternoon. I purchased a U.S. replacement keyboard for a 520/1040STE and a 4160STE upgrade case badge. Bradley was very pleasant on the phone and the order was in quickly and we were saying goodbye in no time. I really couldn't have asked for a much better transaction.

I don't doubt the issues or frustrations that others have had with Best in general and Bradley specifically, but I for one have had nothing but success from my dealings with him and I appreciate all he's done over the years and continues to do for our community and wish him well. I only wish all the rest of you could have had the same success that I've had.

• Like 2

I’ve ordered from him several times over the years and haven’t had any issue.  Hold onto or make note of your customer number (on your invoice which he includes with every shipment).  It helps if you can provide your customer number too.

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’ve ordered from him several times over the years and haven’t had any issue.  Hold onto or make note of your customer number (on your invoice which he includes with every shipment).  It helps if you can provide your customer number too. 

Yes, he asked for that right off. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with it quickly. He didn't see too concerned about it, though I'm sure it would've made things a little easier for both of us.

2 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I did run into the whole "you need to limit your order to three or four items" issue,

What bugs me is he has a minimum order(CreditCard$25/GooglePay$35/PayPal$50), and then limits quantities. How do you get above the minimum order with only 3 to 4 items if they are low $ value?

I haven't noticed in the posts, can an order be for only 3 or 4 items but multiple quantities of each?

34 minutes ago, BillC said:

What bugs me is he has a minimum order(CreditCard$25/GooglePay$35/PayPal$50), and then limits quantities. How do you get above the minimum order with only 3 to 4 items if they are low $ value?

I haven't noticed in the posts, can an order be for only 3 or 4 items but multiple quantities of each?

Just depends on his mood ?