IGNORED

This years PRGE - Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2019

arcadeshopper

This year's PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) is being held on Fri - Sun of October 18th - 20th. Friday will only have the Retrocade arcade open (no vendors or speakers).

I am going as usual, will have my booth full of TI stuff and my arcade games in the free (with entrance) Retroarcade. Anyone else?

Tickets available at:

https://www.showclix.com/event/prge2019

Main site is at:

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com

post-37124-0-03817800-1555273683_thumb.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Regretfully, I will not be able to attend PRGE this year.

I had to rush my cat to the ER vet yesterday with a urinary blockage. He is prone to them, which means trying to get his stubborn little self to eat urinary low PH foods. But the absolute speed at which issues happen (he was literally fine the prior night, and whimpering in pain and straining in the litter box the next day) makes all of us scared to leave him with any caretakers who can't watch him 24 hours.

Currently trying to get a refund from ShowClix... we'll see if that happens.

25 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

I had to rush my cat to the ER vet yesterday with a urinary blockage. He is prone to them, which means trying to get his stubborn little self to eat urinary low PH foods. But the absolute speed at which issues happen (he was literally fine the prior night, and whimpering in pain and straining in the litter box the next day) makes all of us scared to leave him with any caretakers who can't watch him 24 hours.

Good luck with your kitty.  My old boy had that happen a couple of times and it certainly does happen in the blink of an eye, like most feline ills.  Of course, his stubborn ass pulled the catheter out (even with a collar on) and caused himself even more damage.  It was a fun week with him while he healed, with litter boxes stationed every six feet and regular doses of Valium.

3 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Good luck with your kitty.  My old boy had that happen a couple of times and it certainly does happen in the blink of an eye, like most feline ills.  Of course, his stubborn ass pulled the catheter out (even with a collar on) and caused himself even more damage.  It was a fun week with him while he healed, with litter boxes stationed every six feet and regular doses of Valium.

Poor guy! Yeah, hopefully we can prevent any further issues. I'll have to work slowly to get him used to wet UC food. I put some dry stuff out today and he actually seemed to like it, but the important thing with this condition is for the cat to stay hydrated. So an all-wet-food diet is actually best if you can manage it.

31 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

Poor guy! Yeah, hopefully we can prevent any further issues. I'll have to work slowly to get him used to wet UC food. I put some dry stuff out today and he actually seemed to like it, but the important thing with this condition is for the cat to stay hydrated. So an all-wet-food diet is actually best if you can manage it.

Current kitty gets a quarter-cup of water with his dry food (which is UC) at every feeding.  He tends not to drink from a water dish which I discovered is not uncommon for cats, contrary to my previous ones.

So PRGE won't give me a refund. But i can transfer the tickets to someone else.

I have two weekend passes and one weekend pass with t shirt bundle. $40 for the first two each, and $60 for the last. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I'd be happy to sell them at cost.

Incidentally, rather annoyed they don't do refunds. There is no reason not to other than greed. It doesn't make me inclined to attend in the future.

Adamantyr

14 hours ago, adamantyr said:

So PRGE won't give me a refund. But i can transfer the tickets to someone else.

I have two weekend passes and one weekend pass with t shirt bundle. $40 for the first two each, and $60 for the last. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I'd be happy to sell them at cost.

I haven't bought my PRGE pass yet, so I could take the transfer of one of yours.  I don't have a preference of t-shirt or not, so if you have other interested parties, I could take the remaining option.  I'm so bummed that you can't make it though, and hope that your cat's health improves.

Actually, I contacted ShowClix first, who gave me the brush off, then I contacted PRGE support directly, expressing distress over the issue. They replied immediately that they would fix it. So I may get a refund after all. :) I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I got a refund! It will take 7-10 days to process, but good to know the Expo is run by good people.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, adamantyr said:

Actually, I contacted ShowClix first, who gave me the brush off, then I contacted PRGE support directly, expressing distress over the issue. They replied immediately that they would fix it. So I may get a refund after all. :) I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I got a refund! It will take 7-10 days to process, but good to know the Expo is run by good people.

yes they are really great.. glad they took care of you

Greg

On 10/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, adamantyr said:

Currently trying to get a refund from ShowClix... we'll see if that happens.

This issue is caused by ASH in the food which causes urinary tract infections as destroys your cats kidneys which will eventually result in your cats death. (Note ASH is not actual ASH but rather added vitamins) Go get a brand of food called applaws as it has no added vitamins only what is in the food naturally. Also if your cat is currently having a urinary tract infection I recommend feeding the cat cranberry pills mixed in the cats food which will eliminate the infection as well as allow your cat to easily urinate. I had this problem for years with 2 different cats. Now there is Zero problems

I really hope this helps. Trying to get a stubborn cat to eat urinary low PH foods is a punishment to your cat. Some cats will hate the cranberry but in a short time they get used to it pretty quickly unlike the low PH food. If you get the capsules cut them open scoop the liquid put it in the food mix it. If you get the tablets put the tablets in a bag use a hammer to make it a powder. You only need 1 capsule or 1 tablet a day.

4 hours ago, overgrouth said:

This issue is caused by ASH in the food which causes urinary tract infections as destroys your cats kidneys which will eventually result in your cats death. (Note ASH is not actual ASH but rather added vitamins) Go get a brand of food called applaws as it has no added vitamins only what is in the food naturally. Also if your cat is currently having a urinary tract infection I recommend feeding the cat cranberry pills mixed in the cats food which will eliminate the infection as well as allow your cat to easily urinate. I had this problem for years with 2 different cats. Now there is Zero problems

I really hope this helps. Trying to get a stubborn cat to eat urinary low PH foods is a punishment to your cat. Some cats will hate the cranberry but in a short time they get used to it pretty quickly unlike the low PH food. If you get the capsules cut them open scoop the liquid put it in the food mix it. If you get the tablets put the tablets in a bag use a hammer to make it a powder. You only need 1 capsule or 1 tablet a day.

Thanks, that looks like a good brand. Unfortunately both the ER and my regular vet made is VERY clear that only the prescription based foods are going to work. Even the over the counter urinary foods aren't good enough.

I'll have to be strong and just make sure he has plenty of dry (prescription) food and water and give him wet food twice a day, and be like "This is all you're getting."

1 hour ago, adamantyr said:

Thanks, that looks like a good brand. Unfortunately both the ER and my regular vet made is VERY clear that only the prescription based foods are going to work. Even the over the counter urinary foods aren't good enough.

I'll have to be strong and just make sure he has plenty of dry (prescription) food and water and give him wet food twice a day, and be like "This is all you're getting."

Applaws is a good brand. Since I been using it my cats are problem free as for the vet reccomdend fix for your cat Well that is your decision and I understand your trust in the vet over a randon unknown atariage user. It is always good to do your own research as I did. I have had a vet kill a cat before so I have my own issues.

On another note sorry your going to miss PURG. Your not the only one as I get to miss out this year too. (Waiting for an interview for a better job) ?

That is one hell of a setup, Greg!  I love the fleece throw in the back :)  A lot of platforms represented in one place.  Those Atari 2600 display/storage cases: are those actual Atari or the Sears Tele-Games?  I still have my family's box and it is the Sears model as that is what we had rather than a "real" Atari.

• Like 2

That is one hell of a setup, Greg!  I love the fleece throw in the back atariage_icon_smile.gif  A lot of platforms represented in one place.  Those Atari 2600 display/storage cases: are those actual Atari or the Sears Tele-Games?  I still have my family's box and it is the Sears model as that is what we had rather than a "real" Atari.
One is Atari and the other is some 3rd party

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Show was good was nice to see my regular prge customers and the usual new batch of "oh man I had one of those!" People always like to gaze at the old tech.

Surprisingly I only sold one TIPI sidecar (I put aside a couple for the show) and a couple fg99s no nanos.. I have those in stock too..

Moved a ton of commodore stuff a buddy gave me on consignment and all the crts I had sold even the whacky Atari ST bw one

Everyone loved the blanket thanks for making them!

Greg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk