IGNORED

RIP Mark Rathwell aka DracIsBack...

Trebor

As many have said I agree as well he was a true 7800 fan and big part of the retro scene and friendly to all people on here. 

Mark was Atari. I am glad he got to play games like Bentley Bear and Rikki and Vikki before he passed. He knew the 7800 could do it but he got to see that reality. 

He will be missed. Rest in Peace. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

RIP Mark. Like many others, I only really knew him from posts on this forum, but he always came across as a great guy. 

Perhaps in one of the upcoming 7800 homebrews, a tribute can be included into the game for him. 

That is a lovely sentiment and i hope one or more coders could do such a thing.

• Like 7

I wasn't really sure what to say up until this point, but for the few times I had talked with him on the forum, he seemed like such a well-meaning guy, and I had read countless older threads with him always having something interesting to say about the 7800 and how much it meant to him. I will miss seeing his comments and I send my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Rest in peace, DracIsBack.

• Like 7

I see the page has the ability to leave condolences/memories. Maybe someone who knew him well enough to consider him a friend could write something positive about him there on behalf of the community?
Just put a link to this thread; I can't think of anything that would show better how the community felt about him, than the sentiments being shared here.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

On 8/30/2019 at 6:45 PM, MrFish said:

Just put a link to this thread; I can't think of anything that would show better how the community felt about him, than the sentiments being shared here.

You're right, and it's a great idea. 

Although it's a little late, I know if it were my family, I would want someone to inform them...

Untitled.png

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

You are missed... [emoji22]

https://boycefuneralhome.ca/tribute/details/2101/Mark-Rathwell/obituary.html

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClAj9t533NgoPz4zIJccmtw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dracisback?lang=en
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dracisback/?hl=en

His last day alive, he visited AtariAge.  Big 7800 fan, and even bigger heart.

Very sad news, my condolences to his family.

The fact his last day Mark visited AtariAge means a lot.
  • Like 8

I enjoyed communicating with him on AtariAge. He will be missed. I'd say RIP but I hope he comes 'round for another spin at the wheel of life.

Now, as an idea, we could go through his postings and see which games - especially ones that weren't released for the 7800 - he was passionate about and if there's new homebrew versions released, they could be dedicated to him on the title/credits screens...

Is there a list here on AtariAge of deceased members? That might be helpful to future members reading the various threads...

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 2

Aww... :(

I haven't been very active on AtariAge for a long while, but decided to browse today to catch up on things and found this thread.  I'm very sad to hear about this.  I always enjoyed conversing with DracIsBack.  My condolences from one 7800 fan to another.  Rest in Peace, Mark.

• Like 5

• 9 months later...

I've thought about Mark throughout this past year, especially with hobby news that I knew he would have loved to have seen.

Your longtime friend had a special kind of light. He'll be remembered and missed by a lot of people that didn't get to meet him in person, but wish they could have.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1