IGNORED

Supercharger cassette games on a cart?

King_Salamon

Is it possible to have the Supercharger games put onto carts?  I understand that the Supercharger games now work on the Harmony cart but I would like a single cart of Dragonstomper.  Shawn mentioned that he was able to make some of the Supercharger games as a cart but Dragonstomper was a different story.  Something about a special pcb but I don't know how carts are made.

Anyway, is this something that can be done?  I would love a cart of this game.

That would be cool. Dragonstomper was a multiple game, which likely causes problems with cart-i-fying it. I don't see why the "load next section" breaks can't be changed to "switch bank" commands. I don't know if anybody will take it on, but id be interested in one of the were made.

• Like 1

As I mentioned, I would really like this on a single cart with a nice label.  I like individual carts and this would be a cool one to have in my collection.  Other than mail order, I never saw a Supercharger game in my local stores as a kid.

Heck, if people can make Mappy and Star Castle and others on the 2600, someone must be able to 'cart-i-fy' Dragonstomper.

I know there are a lot of folks here on Atariage that understand the inner workings of carts and hopefully one will chime in with their knowledge in this thread.  :)

At this point we have two copies ordered... maybe the creator can make a small run and sell them!

10 hours ago, Video said:

That would be cool. Dragonstomper was a multiple game, which likely causes problems with cart-i-fying it. I don't see why the "load next section" breaks can't be changed to "switch bank" commands. I don't know if anybody will take it on, but id be interested in one of the were made.

If this word                  "cart-i-fying"             isn't trademarked, I m going to steal it.

• Like 1

In the ROMHunter archives there is a Dragonstomper as a single 25344 bytes file. Test this with Harmony. You should test at least until it loads part 2. If this succeeds, you should be save. If it works, you can order this in the store as a custom cart. Note that you need the Melody board for this to work.

Edited by SvOlli
Forgot to mention to go for melody board.
  • Like 1

Well, maybe someone else here can verify it. There are three game that use the same configuration, three parts in one file: Dragonstomper, Survival Island and Party Mix. I'm on vacation right now, so I don't have access to a Harmony right now (and I suck at most Supercharger games).

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BONEMAN said:

How did you go about getting that from the AtariAge store?

2 hours ago, BONEMAN said:

How did you go about getting that from the AtariAge store?

My guess is you just buy the custom cart option $30 last I checked and provide the artwork for the label. 

• Like 1