IGNORED

ABBUC Contest - Dungeon Hunt II

jacobus

Only after submitting Dungeon Hunt II to the ABBUC Contest this year, did I discover a number of bugs with the game - particularly with the PAL version.  My apologies to everyone affected!  Good news however!  Thanks to a great deal of time and effort by forum member StefanD I am able to provide the following patch for the game.  To use it, enable BASIC, boot the attached disk and follow the prompts - the patch program will fix either the PAL or NTSC version depending upon which choice you make.

Thank you for your patience - I hope you find that this patch makes the game more playable and enjoyable!

DH2FIX.ATR

Again, Thank You Stefan for patch and all the testing!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

If you want to use the patcher program you should have AutoPAL.SYS and/or AutoNTSC.SYS on the (Abbuc) DH2 disk:

Simply rename the PAL version (named Autorun.SYS on the Abbuc disk) into AutoPAL.SYS and leave the NTSC version as is (named AutoNTSC.SYS on the Abbuc disk). Then boot the patcher program with Basic enabled, insert the Abbuc disk with DH2 and choose P-PAL or N-NTSC. After a while everything is done. If you want to patch both versions, simply run the patcher program once more and now choose the other version. Finally rename your prefered version (PAL or NTSC) back into Autorun.SYS.

You can now boot your DH2 patched version, don't forget to disable Basic this time...

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Confused 1

No, simply leave the ABBUC disk unchanged, before booting the patch. It will patch one level file and copy the selected version (AUTOPAL.SYS or AUTONTSC.SYS) as AUTORUN.SYS to the ABBUC disk - so the right version boots - no rename neccessary. (If you want, you can copy the other AUTOxxx version also to the ABBUC disk, but this isn't neccessary.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Hello jacobus.  The patch worked well.  This is a very worthy sequel and has exceeded my expections! 

I really like my boxed Dungeon Hunt I.  Are there plans for a boxed version of this sequel?

I am seriously considering a boxed version after all.  I've had a lot of requests and my manufacturing team is open to the idea.  I'll send out an interest check  after the ABBUC contest is over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...