IGNORED

Using ST monitor with other devices?

TazzyB

I have an SM124 monochrome monitor for my 1040 ST FM, and I really like the monochrome look of the CRT. I really want to just display something else on that monitor, other than the ST. Googling "VGA to Atari ST monitor port" just gave me results about adapters converting the monitor port to VGA, however I want it the other way around.

That was interesting some 25 years ago. Today not. Because you don't have monochrome mode with new video cards, or motherboards.

I connected SM124 back in 1995 to some PC, with some God knows what video card, and it worked. But even then, it was not good, because resolution of 640x400 was too low already then.

Now I don't see that you can set so low res at all, and mentioned lack of monochrome mode.

Connecting anything other than some old PC seems not working - because of refresh rate, sync signals, progressive mode used ...

6 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

That was interesting some 25 years ago. Today not. Because you don't have monochrome mode with new video cards, or motherboards.

I connected SM124 back in 1995 to some PC, with some God knows what video card, and it worked. But even then, it was not good, because resolution of 640x400 was too low already then.

Now I don't see that you can set so low res at all, and mentioned lack of monochrome mode.

Connecting anything other than some old PC seems not working - because of refresh rate, sync signals, progressive mode used ...

Ok. Thanks. So even if I found a way to connect it to a modern PC, it just wouldn't work at all?

Edited by TazzyB