IGNORED

Season 16 Round 5 - Adventure Island

asponge

499343372_AdventureIslandCartridge.png.a24a498235df3f4254f3fa4468bbb8df.png 1039490529_AdventureIslandScreenshot.png.7e7b390669b09fe20bd09f2cc6e16132.png

Game Rules:

No Continues

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday September 8 at 11:59 PM CDT.

AtariAge High Score:

139,670 by darthkur posted on 5/7/2013

Scores so far:

mbd30  213,220

Tempest  90,180

S.BAZ  60,720

Floyd Turbo  56,390

asponge  21,140

empsolo  20,700

jblenkle  7,140

Season Standings:

32  Tempest

30  mbd30
25  S.BAZ

23  asponge

17  Floyd Turbo 

15  empsolo

12  agb

12  jblenkle

12 TwentySixHundred
9  atari2600land

9  Psionic

6  Mangia-Boy

6  Mister-VCS

5  roadrunner
3  RetroRob

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • No point pressing.
  • Round points are awarded according to the number of participants. Every player earns 1 participation point plus 1 point for every player they outscore. For example, if there are 8 players, the player with the highest score earns 8 points, second 7 points, third 6 points, etc. down to the last player who earns 1 point.
Edited by asponge
  • Like 2

81,590.  I hate this game with a passion.  It might as well be a one life game because if you die anywhere and can't get an axe you're screwed.  It's also weird trying to play this one for points rather than just trying to get through the levels.

island.thumb.jpg.73c2432f0f445e24daf0845202cfb90e.jpg

44 minutes ago, mbd30 said:

Agree to disagree, lol. Battletoads is one of my faves.

I also like Adventure Island but it is really frustrating.

I don't tend to like games where you have to memorize a lot of patterns, so that's why I don't care for these.  I did play (and actually beat) Adventure Island back in the day.

23 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I don't tend to like games where you have to memorize a lot of patterns, so that's why I don't care for these.  I did play (and actually beat) Adventure Island back in the day.

You like Rush n Attack and I thought that was really difficult and heavy on the memorization.

13 minutes ago, mbd30 said:

You like Rush n Attack and I thought that was really difficult and heavy on the memorization.

Really?  Huh, I guess I didn't think about that.  I always thought Rush n Attack was kind of average in the difficulty department.

9 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Really?  Huh, I guess I didn't think about that.  I always thought Rush n Attack was kind of average in the difficulty department.

I put in some effort for the contest and I couldn't beat the second level.

But I didn't grow up with it and I've never played it much. The one hit deaths and lack of continues add to the difficulty.

1 hour ago, mbd30 said:

I put in some effort for the contest and I couldn't beat the second level.

But I didn't grow up with it and I've never played it much. The one hit deaths and lack of continues add to the difficulty.

Strange to think of Rush n' Attack as being harder than Adventure Island.  I guess it's all in what kind of games you're used to.

24 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Strange to think of Rush n' Attack as being harder than Adventure Island.  I guess it's all in what kind of games you're used to.

It probably isn't harder.

Adventure Island has the benefit of infinite continues. Otherwise it would be almost impossible to beat.