IGNORED

Gravitar Prototype?

Jettgogaming

2 minutes ago, Rom Hunter said:

Great find.

Would be interesting to see the differences (if any) between your Gravitar proto and the final release.

A ROM dump would be great.

Thanks for sharing!

8)

Rom Hunter, I actually have never dumped a ROM before....I'm very tech savvy so I'm pretty sure I could easily learn. However, do you have any links to reputable forum posts in AtariAge or elsewhere that shows me a rundown of what equipment/programs etc. I'd need to do so? 

Thanks.

Cool, nice find :) Interested to see the ROMs too if you can dump them.  Someone should put together an arduino based dumper that would be cheap/easy for proto owners to put together.  I usually dump the ROM to a savekey (a memory card in the right joystick port) and then dump that with an EPROM programmer. Thomas Jentzsch wrote the 2600 side sw. When we came up with that idea, we were planning to ship a system out to proto owners so they could dump their games. We did get some games dumped, but the whole system is pretty large (requires a real 2600 and tv..) so it is a pain to ship, especially overseas. 

13 hours ago, Wickeycolumbus said:

Cool, nice find :) Interested to see the ROMs too if you can dump them.  Someone should put together an arduino based dumper that would be cheap/easy for proto owners to put together.  I usually dump the ROM to a savekey (a memory card in the right joystick port) and then dump that with an EPROM programmer. Thomas Jentzsch wrote the 2600 side sw. When we came up with that idea, we were planning to ship a system out to proto owners so they could dump their games. We did get some games dumped, but the whole system is pretty large (requires a real 2600 and tv..) so it is a pain to ship, especially overseas. 

Thanks! Interesting, I'd be down to try what you said. I've programmed many Arduinos and I do own several Ataris so I believe I have the right gear to dump the ROMs! I'll look into this for sure and see what I can do. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, Jettgogaming said:

Thanks! Interesting, I'd be down to try what you said. I've programmed many Arduinos and I do own several Ataris so I believe I have the right gear to dump the ROMs! I'll look into this for sure and see what I can do. 

Finally got around to doing this, it works ;-)   Will post more info soon.

941867972_Screenshot2019-11-02at12_20_09AM.thumb.png.60f305ec6d2511794a6d08b62445719a.png

Edited by Wickeycolumbus