IGNORED

Many new games for Atari Lynx for it's birthday on the 1st of September

Igor

1 hour ago, UHATEIT said:

The download link for The Inside World doesn't work but the others do. Plenty to test in the meantime!

Yes, according to the author of this game, it has been submitted at the very last moment which explains it will probably be available tomorrow but is not yet online.

I def need some instructions for the first 3 I tried. On the assembloids I don't know what you press when you get a shape you already have and don't need. If you let it time out you lose a life and if you just put it somewhere you lose a life. Not sure if there's a way to throw the piece out. 

Mini-instructions for "Find a way to my heart"

Opt 2 - music on/off

Pause - pause game

Opt 1 - Choose difficulty Easy/Normal/Hard before picking the 1st tile

A - pick a tile

B - mark a bomb

Goal of the game: clear a path between the boy and the girl

The numbers tell you how many bombs are in heighbour tiles.

Mini instructions for On Duty

Opt 2 - music on/off

Pause - pause game

Opt 1 - credits on intro screen or mission screen

Opt 1 + Opt 2 - erase eeprom or SD /saves/onduty.sav file

A - shoot/operate device

B - change weapon

Goal of the game. Mission objectives are said on the mission screen.

Mini instructions for Ynxa

Opt 1 - display status of gem collecte - there are 20 gems in each of 3 Colors (blue, red, green). Red dots indicates when you get a new power. 

Pause - display status of game completion. You need to go through the 8 paths in order to access final level. Paths are find in the second part of the game. 

Opt 2 - display ingame menu (restart or quit level)

A - use special power (if available)

Leaf : jump / double jump

Fire : short -> shoot, long -> bomb

Water : flood

B - change avatar between leaf/fire/water

Goal of the game :

complete prologue

travel through 8 paths

complete end level

Mini instructions for Growing Ties

Patrons want to get custom ties.

You'll have to cut them perfect-sized ones!

Press A to grow a tie.
Press B to cut it.

The tie will fall down, and hopefully reach a patron.

Be careful to cut right-sized ties!

You'll get 10 points for a perfectly fitting tie, but less points if it's too long or too short.

A perfect sized tie matches the height of the patron's shirt exactly.

As the levels go along, you'll discover more mechanics explained in the game: combo system, modifying tie colors, limited tie supply, limited time, etc.

Thank you all for the extra details, I'll update game information page with the instructions.

The official page is now up too - https://atarigamer.com/pages/celebrating-atari-lynx-30th-birthday

Don't forget to leave your comments about the games in the special 30th Birthday Club threads I've created: https://atariage.com/forums/forum/249-30th-birthday-programming-competition-games/

10 hours ago, Felyx said:

Yes, according to the author of this game, it has been submitted at the very last moment which explains it will probably be available tomorrow but is not yet online.

It's up now but there isn't much to it yet, give it another week until @LordKraken has had the time to put final touches on it.

9 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I def need some instructions for the first 3 I tried. On the assembloids I don't know what you press when you get a shape you already have and don't need. If you let it time out you lose a life and if you just put it somewhere you lose a life. Not sure if there's a way to throw the piece out. 

Instructions for some of the games have been put up on their information pages, Assembloids has built-in instructions when you run the game, it's selectable from the main screen (press up I think).

Mini instructions for "The Inside World"

You wake up in a strange place, surrounded by weird electronic machines.

While trying to make sense of this new world, you're discoverd and arrested

by the guards of the Emprocessor who send you into the silicon jail.

Helped by a single wandering bit, you escape the prison and find a laser gun.

Now corrupted PCB are on your way...

Will you escape from The Inside World?

Press A to run.
Press B to fire (diagonal fire is WIP).

Destroy all the corrupted PCBs!

Note that the game loop is not working properly yet. As such you cannot die or win.

Expect a fleshed out version by the end of the week, with multiple waves, and a final boss fight!

• Like 4

What a fantastic 30th birthday for the Lynx! ? ? :) Thanks and congratulations to everyone involved! I've tried all entries a little bit, a lot of great and fantastic stuff! Looking forward to trying them out properly (on real hardware of course) over the coming days.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

On 9/2/2019 at 5:21 AM, necrocia said:

Don't forget to leave your comments about the games in the special 30th Birthday Club threads I've created: https://atariage.com/forums/forum/249-30th-birthday-programming-competition-games/

Here's the link to the 30th competition comments club again, In case someone missed it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

On the site there is mention that some of the ROMs are not final ROMs and more updates may happen towards the end of the week. If that's the case why not wait to burn the actual carts?

Because my carts can be erased and burned again millions of times. The times for chips that could be programmed once belong to history. Der Luchs is also using that same chip in his carts.

17 hours ago, Fadest said:

I player à but every game on emulator or SD flash card. 

I had some time during lunch so I guess I’m ready for serious stuff now. 

6897647A-E011-4C51-AC4A-1A1E5175A18F.jpeg

Oh wow, how do you make your own carts? ? I wish I also had access to the amazing cart programmer reader/writer hardware and 3D printed cart shells! ???

Hehehe, shameless self promotion there! Great job on making these!

If you want to send me the labels you made I can put them on the website for download.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, necrocia said:

If you want to send me the labels you made I can put them on the website for download.

As said before, it is just placeholders to find easily which cartridge is which game.

Apart Ynxa label done by @KevinMos3, other one are just the title screen game of the game, with a Lynx banner, and 5,5cm large. They are not making justice to the games, and I would be happy to throw them and replace them with a better quality label.