IGNORED

Many new games for Atari Lynx for it's birthday on the 1st of September

Igor

On 8/26/2019 at 2:40 AM, necrocia said:

You may have seen the "Atari Lynx 30th Birthday Competition" thread (link below) in the programming forum.

Well the competition is about to produce it's results, on the 1st of September all of the submissions will be

playable online and downloadable as ROMs. 

This will be a truely momentous birthday celebration for the Lynx!

More details at the competition page here - https://atarigamer.com/pages/atari-lynx-30th-birthday-programming-competition

@necrocia congrats for that great competition.

Thanks to you (and authors) we have so mane great productions for Lynx

Thank you all!!

• Like 2

i have to grab the new package, last day or two have been super great for me with Lynx. I just got my Lynx 1 back from it's modding adventures (it's a LOOOOOONG story) but the good news is that it's McWilled and has VGA out. OMFG VGA out of a Lynx looks freakin' amazing and I already fired up a whole lot of Assembloids and Growing Ties on the big screen. Lynx is having the best birthday ever.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, Igor said:

The ROM package should have all of the new updates. The individual ROM download links are also updated now too.

Hi Igor, No luck, I've downloaded the 30th Rom pack twice, tried on two Micro SDs with two Lynx SDs on two Lynx models and get 'error loading rom'! I've tried copying the Lynx SD file over and have tried copying the contents over (as per the READ ME) still, no luck. Any advice?

1 hour ago, Guitari said:

Hi Igor, No luck, I've downloaded the 30th Rom pack twice, tried on two Micro SDs with two Lynx SDs on two Lynx models and get 'error loading rom'! I've tried copying the Lynx SD file over and have tried copying the contents over (as per the READ ME) still, no luck. Any advice?

Hmm @enthusi also had a problem with the Lynx SD loader, but that's because he copied the LynxSD folder over directly. You need to have the "30bday.lnx" file in the root of the SD card, then the "30bpc19" directory with all the ROMs also goes into the root of the SD card, so your directory structure should look like this...

|--30bday.lnx
|--30bpc19/
   |--01.lnx 
   |--02.lnx

In the current alpha we pull from the file header (so long as the magic constant field in the header is correct -- if that is null, we figure we can't trust the other fields).

Longer term we're moving to a database of meta-data, which will be more flexible/powerful.

10 hours ago, bhall408 said:

In the current alpha we pull from the file header (so long as the magic constant field in the header is correct -- if that is null, we figure we can't trust the other fields).

Longer term we're moving to a database of meta-data, which will be more flexible/powerful.

Could you point out what's wrong with LynxQuest.lnx? I thought that my code generates the LNX header correctly, but there's no "NG" manufacturter on your screenshot.

1 hour ago, laoo said:

Could you point out what's wrong with LynxQuest.lnx? I thought that my code generates the LNX header correctly, but there's no "NG" manufacturter on your screenshot.

The only difference I can see in your header is that instead of having a null terminated fixed size string for your fields, you set all the unused chars of the header to null values (0), while using the template of karry they are set to a white space (0x20).

But technically your header should be fine; using spaces is useful to developers creating the header from a text file for counting if they are using the right number of chars.