IGNORED

Flickering horizontal lines

nick3092

I just got my first Jag about a month ago. Only played it via RF on a cheap/crummy TV 2 or 3 times. So when I saw issues with the picture, I chalked it up to RF and or the cheap TV.

Now that I got a SCART cable from Retro Access to use with my OSSC, I hooked it up to my good TV tonight. What I see are horizontal lines/noise that flicker randomly all over the screen. I took a picture with a game paused, but it doesn't really capture the issue all that well. Hooked it up via RF and saw the same issue.

I did recap it this weekend as well. Everything seems to be working fine with it except these annoying lines. And I'm pretty sure they were there before the recap. I don't recall exactly what was bad when I tested it out on the old TV with RF a few weeks ago, just that the picture wasn't all that great. 

Any thoughts?

08222B92-2BCC-41BB-AE20-BE47B522EE80.jpeg

Edited by nick3092

It is an original, but that doesn't mean something isn't wrong with it. A flaky power supply did cross my mind as a possibility.

It sounds like the Genesis model 1 supply can be used instead. I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks!

Edited by nick3092
Typo

Good news is, I found the issue. Bad news is, it was my fault. I recall the picture being bad, but never this bad. So I figured this had to have happened during my recap.

I went through and rechecked all my e caps. About half way through, found the issue. The solder pad on the ground leg of c150 lifted off the trace. Just patched it up, and good as new. In fact, the RF looked better than before. And now it looks amazing on SCART/ossc.