IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 2 - Beauty & the Beast

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I’m sure you’ll give my 21k a good run for it. 

We'll see. First few attempts I made weren't anywhere near 5 digits. I know a lot of people love this game but it was never one of my favourites. Not saying I don't like it just not one of my go to games.

1 minute ago, Bamse said:

We'll see. First few attempts I made weren't anywhere near 5 digits. I know a lot of people love this game but it was never one of my favourites. Not saying I don't like it just not one of my go to games.

I actually feel the exact same way. I don’t enjoy this game that much. I find it kind of annoying since lives are lost so fast. Not a go to game for me either. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Done.

This game SCREAMS out for a joystick controller's precision - I finally found a game I HATE to use the disc on. Also, at one point, I lost 4 lives in the span of 3-4 seconds to THE SAME ROCK. ?

bnb.png

Yeah that’s why I don’t like this game much. It’s very annoying when ya lose lives so quickly and unfairly.  And I agree about the disc, it isn’t very responsive for this one. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bamse said:

Wow, you got to pretty much the same stage in the game as me but got 13000 more points ?

Yep, if you can get as many hearts and eliminate as many obstacles as possible, without dying, before moving on to the next tower, that will help a lot. Easier said than done though. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

31 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yep, if you can get as many hearts and eliminate as many obstacles as possible, without dying, before moving on to the next tower, that will help a lot. Easier said than done though. 

I see. That's the problem with these types of games and competitions, you can give up obvious chances to progress to maximise points. It's the same thing with Tropical Trouble. Someone in another competition suggested that the final score be multiplied by the level reached. That way you are rewarded for making progress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bamse said:

I see. That's the problem with these types of games and competitions, you can give up obvious chances to progress to maximise points. It's the same thing with Tropical Trouble. Someone in another competition suggested that the final score be multiplied by the level reached. That way you are rewarded for making progress.

Yep, it’s one of the things about this game. But it’s still difficult to stay alive while trying to build points. Things get faster and harder while trying to do that. 

17 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yep, it’s one of the things about this game. But it’s still difficult to stay alive while trying to build points. Things get faster and harder while trying to do that. 

It doesn't say on the first page if point farming is allowed or not so I'll do one attempt with and one attempt without and let Jacob decide :)