IGNORED

MRQ files

neo_rg

To get the ball rolling with the Marquee files here are some I've made for the original 50 games as mentioned

in the Atari Jaguar Wikipedia pages. There are Alternate mrq files for Aircars and Power Drive Rally. One showing the

original Aircars in a white inner and the (alt) in an aftermarket box. Power Drive Rally has both the European and American

box designs, one of them is the (alt) mrq file.

To use the mrq files copy them to the SD card either in the same folder or root directory as the roms. Make sure the rom

files have the same name as the .mrq file or it won't pick them up.

for instance

Aircars.jag

Aircars.mrq

There is also .mrq files for Cybermorph (1mb) and (2mb) versions.

Edit (SainT)
The MRQ tool (with brief usage instructions included) is now available as well.

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/product/jaggd/png2mrq.zip

mrq files.zip

Edited by SainT
Corrected URL for download.
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Would it be possible to add a feature to MRQ tool so that you could edit an existing mrq file's parameters or overwrite them? I would like to use mrq files pack provided in this thread but would like to change the game title slightly. As I don't have original boxart and screenshots I can't create them from scratch either.

12 hours ago, Decoryah said:

Would it be possible to add a feature to MRQ tool so that you could edit an existing mrq file's parameters or overwrite them? I would like to use mrq files pack provided in this thread but would like to change the game title slightly. As I don't have original boxart and screenshots I can't create them from scratch either.

Yes, I could do with writing a simple graphical tool for things like this to view, edit and create new ones. On my todo list...

• Like 1

Although CD support hasn't been announced or confirmed I've made some marquee files

for the 13 original Atari Jaguar CD retail games. A bit of artistic license has been taken with

the pack-in game Vid Grid. I used graphics from the cover project as the original game came

in a small CD case and not a box. Fingers crossed for CD support.

Atari Jaguar Retail CD's (13).zip

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

Now if someone can make MRQ files for the homebrew, demo roms.

Here is the list of roms i find for free

Cartridges : ARENA Football '95, Asteroid, Atomic, Barkley Shut Up And Jam, Battle Sphere Gold, Beebris, Beebris Tribute, Blackout, Brett Hull Hockey, Bubble Bobble Arcade (ST port), Buggy Boy (ST port), Burnout, Chrismas 2006 Surrounded, Chroma-Luma Colors Picker, Dance Dance Xirius Space Party, Diam Jag, Fallen Angels, gemrace, Gorf 2000, Hyper Force, Impulse X, International Karate plus (Atari ST), JagMania, JagMarble, Jaguar Tetris, JagWorm, JagZombies, Jungle Jag, Native Demo, Orion Jaguar Collection, Painter, Phase Zero, Protector - Special Edition, Rampage (Atari ST), Reactris, Rocks Off, Rtype, Sensible Soccer - International Edition, Skyhammer, SlamRacer, Soccer Kid, Space War 2000, Star Wars Arcade (Atari ST), Thea Realm Fighters, Tiny Toons Adventures - Plucky Duck, Total Carnage, Tube, Ultimate Brain Games, ZzyorxxII.

Demos : Arkanna Demo, Assassin Demo, Bad Apple v2 (color), Bad Apple v7 (b&w), BadCode4, Black hole, BLK DEMO, CRZ Demo, Demo 1, Demo 2, Demo 3, FORCE Design - Legion Force Jidai Intro Demo 0, JagFest Demo, JC_demo2005, JDC Demo V3, JSSDemo, JSSDemoII, Ladybug Demo, Legion Force Jidai Intro, Mandelbrot Demo, OJC, PAULA Preview Demo 2, rover v2, rover v4, SFDX, sfdx64, SFDXv1_1.

Cd's American Hero (Preproduction), beebris SE, Black Ice White Noise (Alpha), Brett Hull NHL Hockey (Prototype), Bwin, Caves of Fear (prototype), Demolition Man (prototype), DuckieEgg 1.19, jagcode, jagtopia, Ocean Depths, Orion's Jaguar Collection, SoulStar - Unreleased demo version (US), Tube, Varuna's Forces.

I don't have commercials roms : Another world...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 3:52 AM, Guillem said:

Here is my first release of MRQ files for homebrew games (not tested)

Please forgive the mistakes

<file deleted>

Probably a good idea to test them before these spread around the interenet with some bad ones, which then has homebrew authors explaining repeatedly why some stuff that DOES work doesn't.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:52 AM, Guillem said:

Here is my first release of MRQ files for homebrew games (not tested)

Please forgive the mistakes

<file deleted>

Probably a good idea to test them before these spread around the internet with some bad ones, which then has homebrew authors explaining repeatedly why some stuff that DOES work doesn't.

5 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Probably a good idea to test them before these spread around the interenet with some bad ones, which then has homebrew authors explaining repeatedly why some stuff that DOES work doesn't.

Well i'm just waiting for my JagGD.

But i like your way : in the previous message you ask me to do them by myself, and now not to do.

Thanks for all

Edited by Guillem

7 hours ago, Guillem said:

Well i'm just waiting for my JagGD.

But i like your way : in the previous message you ask me to do them by myself, and now not to do.

Thanks for all

There's a massive difference between "do them yourself" and then "spread them around without even testing" - especially given the admission you don't even have a JagGD yet!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, neo_rg said:

To get the ball rolling with the Marquee files here are some I've made for the original 50 games as mentioned

in the Atari Jaguar Wikipedia pages. There are Alternate mrq files for Aircars and Power Drive Rally. One showing the

original Aircars in a white inner and the (alt) in an aftermarket box. Power Drive Rally has both the European and American

box designs, one of them is the (alt) mrq file.

To use the mrq files copy them to the SD card either in the same folder or root directory as the roms. Make sure the rom

files have the same name as the .mrq file or it won't pick them up.

for instance

Aircars.jag

Aircars.mrq

There is also .mrq files for Cybermorph (1mb) and (2mb) versions.

Edit (SainT)
The MRQ tool (with brief usage instructions included) is now available as well.

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/product/jaggd/png2mrq.zip

mrq files.zip 1.12 MB · 371 downloads

Thanks for these, they look great.

Having a ton of files and no box art or gameplay screens for many, I made a generic set so I could at least have something to view instead of the crossed out camera icons (which are great btw.) I've tested it with many roms so far and it looks ok if anyone's interested.

generic.zip

mrq.thumb.jpg.a8e0c5ee365b7d74ad754ecb0cca407a.jpg

As seen, I left the Developer, Publisher and Year out. Anyone can add what they like but for me it doesn't matter a lot.

The command line syntax is:

png2mrq -box N88124.png -screen N88x56.png -title "game name" -dev "Not Included" -pub "Not Included" -year " NA " -out "same game name".mrq

'game name' and 'same game name' have to be filled in but the rest is cake. Centered the NA for year with " NA ". Looks pretty awesome.

If this sort of thing is frowned upon please delete asap SainT. Posting it here for reference and maybe help someone else out :)

• Thanks 1