IGNORED

MRQ files

neo_rg

7 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I really don't like the blue Jaguar ST logo.

Was there anything wrong with the .mrq I released with it? Hope you got the eeprom settings right in yours.

Anyone reporting a bug with saving in any of my releases is going to get asked "Are you using my .mrq file?" ... just saying ;)

If these were just thumbnails I wouldn't say anything, but they aren't.  They contain config information about the file. People rolling their own can cause all sorts of problems down the line with a bad file as they get shared and shared again - and it's never the guy who made the config file having to deal with these issues.....

I made it blue to match the old Atari ST logo.  There was nothing wrong with your mrq's I just wished to tweak the artwork to have the ST stuff distinct from regular Jag and Jag CD.  I think some of them I could not find your MRQ to download.  So I went ahead and just made them all from scratch.  Wasn't aware of any configuration as that wasn't documented previously (that I read at least).  I was checking in a hex editor on them, but hadn't seen your additional config (including EEPROM) with it.  I was looking at the beginning of the mrq file, so it the config was somewhere else i could have missed it.  There's not much documentation on these files aside from the png2mrq instructions.  I could redo these with the proper settings but they weren't publicly stated. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

I made it blue to match the old Atari ST logo.  There was nothing wrong with your mrq's I just wished to tweak the artwork to have the ST stuff distinct from regular Jag and Jag CD.  I think some of them I could not find your MRQ to download.  So I went ahead and just made them all from scratch.  Wasn't aware of any configuration as that wasn't documented previously (that I read at least).  I was checking in a hex editor on them, but hadn't seen your additional config (including EEPROM) with it.  I was looking at the beginning of the mrq file, so it the config was somewhere else i could have missed it.  There's not much documentation on these files aside from the png2mrq instructions.  I could redo these with the proper settings but they weren't publicly stated. 

As long as the eeprom type is set to 2k and the dev/publisher/year is correct then all good.

It's just one of those *annoying* things that can (and invariably does) cause problems down the line.

9 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

As long as the eeprom type is set to 2k and the dev/publisher/year is correct then all good.

It's just one of those *annoying* things that can (and invariably does) cause problems down the line.

Oh that's all?  2k eeprom and same dev/pub info on all of the ones you've done?  I didn't set EEPROM's I know that, but the other info should be right though I have to go through and check each one.  Like I said in some cases I don't think I found your MRQ file on the forum.

I have an unusual problem with a couple MRQ files being recognized. The first game, first MRQ is not seen (remains blank as though there is no MRQ file in the game's folder). For example, the first Atari Jaguar Cartridge game, "Air Cars" does not see the MRQ file. The first CD game, "Baldies" does not see the MRQ file. All other games recognize the files associated with them (cartridge games and CD games are separated into their own sub folders). I've tried renaming both the game and the MRQ but the issue persists. The games themselves are seen and play fine.

I got home and downloaded this new zip and updated a bunch of my missing MRQ. Thank you so much for these! I still have a few missing but that's probably due to incomplete roms as I saw there was a blank folder in the zip. If you're bored and making others for some of the incomplete ones, this is the ones I'm missing, just don't remember if these were incomplete games or not, tho some of these I think were completed games:

Buggy Boy, Carrier Command, Deflektor, International Karate Plus, Martian Attack, Mercenary, Metro Cross, Return to Genesis, Starglider 2, Starquake, Stormbringer, SwitchBlade, UWOL, Xenon 2

5 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Buggy Boy, Carrier Command, Deflektor, International Karate Plus, Mercenary, Metro Cross, Return to Genesis, Starglider 2, Starquake, Stormbringer - Incomplete

SwitchBlade, Xenon 2 - No publically released ROM... interesting...

also, the guy literally just said he needs to check the configs... but you've downloaded them anyway... thanks for proving my point!

I think the blue looks pretty cool. I'm glad you had one for Barkley Shut Up and Jam as well!

On some of the incomplete rom ones, I know I've seen art for them in a custom art thread with a bunch of pics, can't remember the name (DVD style case art) which would give the cover image for the mrq. But probably not worth the hassle to make an mrq of them if they aren't complete roms. Great work either way!

Edit: I found one of the threads there is a bunch of cover art in for some of the demos or port's. Still trying to find the CD case insert thread that had a ton in it. This will work if you're looking for other cover arts to make mrq from:

Edited by UHATEIT
Found link for some cover art

2 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Getting pretty close to complete.  Anyone have/make MRQ's for:

-Hyper Force

-Skyhammer

-Soccer Kid

-Skycopter II

-Speedster II

Thanks!  And if i could make these myself i would.  Could not figure out the tool at all. 

I have these 3 for Hyper Force, Skyhammer, and Soccer Kid. But nothing for Skycopter or Speedster except generic ones

Hyper Force.mrq Skyhammer.mrq Soccer Kid.mrq

• Thanks 2

On 6/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, livingonwheels said:

I have an unusual problem with a couple MRQ files being recognized. The first game, first MRQ is not seen (remains blank as though there is no MRQ file in the game's folder). For example, the first Atari Jaguar Cartridge game, "Air Cars" does not see the MRQ file. The first CD game, "Baldies" does not see the MRQ file. All other games recognize the files associated with them (cartridge games and CD games are separated into their own sub folders). I've tried renaming both the game and the MRQ but the issue persists. The games themselves are seen and play fine.

I have the same problem but if I scroll down and up again the MRQ shows up just fine so I penned it to a GD navigation bug, aka when entering a directory where each file has a MRQ including the very first the selection is on the first item on the list but the MRQ is not loaded, going down a couple and up again shows all the MRQs including the first (at least in my case), so only on entering the directory I get no MRQ on the top entry.

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

I have the same problem but if I scroll down and up again the MRQ shows up just fine so I penned it to a GD navigation bug, aka when entering a directory where each file has a MRQ including the very first the selection is on the first item on the list but the MRQ is not loaded, going down a couple and up again shows all the MRQs including the first (at least in my case), so only on entering the directory I get no MRQ on the top entry.

I just tried what you suggested. Now I'm even more confused! It seems that whatever game I choose, for example if I click on the Cannon Fodder folder, I will see the MRG for Cannon Fodder (of course). But if I go back to Air Cars, Air Cars will now have Cannon Fodder's MRQ (or whatever game I chose beforehand).

29 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

I just tried what you suggested. Now I'm even more confused! It seems that whatever game I choose, for example if I click on the Cannon Fodder folder, I will see the MRG for Cannon Fodder (of course). But if I go back to Air Cars, Air Cars will now have Cannon Fodder's MRQ (or whatever game I chose beforehand).

In my case it is the right MRQ, simply the "auto" selected game in the list when entering a directory shows an empty MRQ, that's it for me.

I just discovered that all the MRQ files will show properly, including the first, as long as you don't put each game in a separate folder. Even though you might have to do as phoenixdownita suggested and scroll up & down once. You can have a separate cartridge folder and cd folder, but not separate game folders.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need a folder per game, I have a few folders, "ST Ports" "Original Games" "Homebrews"  etc. and put all the game files and MRQ's in them, and they display perfectly.  The MRQ and game file need to be the same name to work, so they will be next to each other if you sort the folders alphabetically, which is an easy way to go through and see which MRQ files you are missing. 

On 7/7/2021 at 8:25 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

You don't need a folder per game, I have a few folders, "ST Ports" "Original Games" "Homebrews"  etc. and put all the game files and MRQ's in them, and they display perfectly.  The MRQ and game file need to be the same name to work, so they will be next to each other if you sort the folders alphabetically, which is an easy way to go through and see which MRQ files you are missing. 

If you have IS 1+2 with their original file names (Iron Soldier.xxx, Iron Soldier 2.xxx) I doubt they will be displayed correctly! ?

Renaming the first game to e.g. "Iron Soldier 1.xxx" or the second one to "Iron S2.xxx" bypasses this problem.

Apart from that I use a quite similar folder structure on the card.

I didn't end up having an issue with mine but I just looked at them right now for Iron Soldier to see how mine were. 

The first game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier .jag" with a SPACE at the end of Soldier before the .jag and the MRQ says the same and works for me

The second game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier 2.jag" with only the space between Soldier and 2 and the MRQ matches that and works for me. 

Therse are the MRQ is needed and they have the right game pictures on them. 

Iron Soldier .mrq Iron Soldier 2.mrq

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:42 PM, WIZZARD77 said:

Is there anyway to edit the text in a current mrq file? I realized I messed up 1 or 2 and deleted the source files.

With a hex/text editor, but it's a huge pain.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, UHATEIT said:

I got home and downloaded this new zip and updated a bunch of my missing MRQ. Thank you so much for these! I still have a few missing but that's probably due to incomplete roms as I saw there was a blank folder in the zip. If you're bored and making others for some of the incomplete ones, this is the ones I'm missing, just don't remember if these were incomplete games or not, tho some of these I think were completed games:

Buggy Boy, Carrier Command, Deflektor, International Karate Plus, Martian Attack, Mercenary, Metro Cross, Return to Genesis, Starglider 2, Starquake, Stormbringer, SwitchBlade, UWOL, Xenon 2

Don't think I even have ROMS for those, but I opted to skip the really buggy, incomplete, beta stuff as I'd never use them.

4 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

I didn't end up having an issue with mine but I just looked at them right now for Iron Soldier to see how mine were. 

The first game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier .jag" with a SPACE at the end of Soldier before the .jag and the MRQ says the same and works for me

The second game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier 2.jag" with only the space between Soldier and 2 and the MRQ matches that and works for me. 

Therse are the MRQ is needed and they have the right game pictures on them. 

Iron Soldier .mrq 31.05 kB · 1 download Iron Soldier 2.mrq 31.05 kB · 1 download

I've been MIA for a month, have not had time to recheck the files I made.  The spacing is an issue I brought up in this thread months ago.  As I said with the download, you have to rename on your recognizance.  May have time this week to check these file settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Getting pretty close to complete.  Anyone have/make MRQ's for:

-Hyper Force

-Skyhammer

-Soccer Kid

-Skycopter II

-Speedster II

Thanks!  And if i could make these myself i would.  Could not figure out the tool at all. 

I have them created, I hope you like them

SkyCopter II.mrq Speedster II.mrq

Edited by lNFERNO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, lNFERNO said:

These look great, I finally downloaded them today and added them to my folder and they look awesome. Thank you for doing this!

In looking through this thread I see I posted and am beating a dead horse on Simone. But can you make one for that game too?