IGNORED

Ultimate 1M with SIO2SD and High Speed I/O

jnharmon

I just completed the installation of an U1M into my 600XL that I had previously upgraded to 64K and added UAV video.

Everything seemed to work fine with the exception of when SpartaDOS X was enabled, it was unable to read from the SIO2SD.  If SDX was not enabled, it had no problems working with the SIO2SD.

I eventually found that on the SIO2SD if high speed IO was disabled, SDX would not work.  Also if it was set at too high a speed, it would not work.  Setting it at a mid range speed allowed it to work without issue.

Is there some resource about the optimal configuration and the limitations of this combination of U1M, SDX, and SIO2SD?

Thanks,

Jason

10 minutes ago, jnharmon said:

Is there some resource about the optimal configuration and the limitations of this combination of U1M, SDX, and SIO2SD?

I'll write one here. ;) If you have my U1MB firmware, just enable the HSIO driver in the BIOS menu and your problems will go away. The SDX SIO driver has problems with very low divisors, but since the PBI implementation overrides the SDX driver (which not even a patched high-speed OS will do without changing the SIO driver's configuration) and works with divisors all the way down to 0 (127Kb/s), it's better to use the driver built into the firmware.

Never heard of the SDX SIO driver having problems with 1x SIO speed, however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

I'll write one here. ;) If you have my U1MB firmware, just enable the HSIO driver in the BIOS menu and your problems will go away. The SDX SIO driver has problems with very low divisors, but since the PBI implementation overrides the SDX driver (which not even a patched high-speed OS will do without changing the SIO driver's configuration) and works with divisors all the way down to 0 (127Kb/s), it's better to use the driver built into the firmware.

Never heard of the SDX SIO driver having problems with 1x SIO speed, however.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll video the 1x SIO issue and post a link for reference.

I do have the latest firmware now.  Getting it was part of the problem.  I needed to use SDX to load the image with the update for the firmware.  But after I found a happy speed, I was able to update to the latest firmware.

Edited by jnharmon
  • Like 2