IGNORED

Borderlands 3

moycon

Anyone else excited about the upcoming Borderlands 3? I am and have pre-ordered the PS4 Super Deluxe Edition that includes a bunch of in game swag and the season pass for future DLC! I've even joined the VIP site where you can "earn" points to "buy" more in game items, new guns, new heads and skins etc.... I haven't been this excited for a game in awhile. I already have a few people I know are getting the game and can't wait to co-op. If anyone else is interested in co-op, my PS username is moycon, if you're interested in VIP, send me a PM and I'll shoot you a referral to the VIP site and a link to past codes to boost your points!

They have awesome art style but it seems like the gameplay is really grindy, like Destiny. In theory, this is the kind of game I would love, but in reality I don't have the uninterrupted blocks of time for a "lifestyle game" like this. This is more my speed right now. https://kotaku.com/i-cant-stop-playing-a-free-destiny-clone-1825830789

Don't pay full price for old Borderlands, it goes on sale or into bundles all the time. If you're like me, you already have it on multiple platforms. I might even have a key someplace .... The "Handsome Collection" was on sale for something like four bucks when Borderlands 3 was first announced. It's $60 on Steam right now, which seems wrong. https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/

I played the first 2 on the PS3 and then eventually ended up getting them digitally on steam for my PC along with Pre-Sequel. I'm on the fence about B3 but I'm sure I will end up getting it. Not sure if I will get if for PC or PS4 however.

49 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

They have awesome art style but it seems like the gameplay is really grindy, like Destiny. In theory, this is the kind of game I would love, but in reality I don't have the uninterrupted blocks of time for a "lifestyle game" like this. This is more my speed right now. https://kotaku.com/i-cant-stop-playing-a-free-destiny-clone-1825830789

Don't pay full price for old Borderlands, it goes on sale or into bundles all the time. If you're like me, you already have it on multiple platforms. I might even have a key someplace .... The "Handsome Collection" was on sale for something like four bucks when Borderlands 3 was first announced. It's $60 on Steam right now, which seems wrong. https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8133/Borderlands_The_Handsome_Collection/

The games aren't as grindy as they might appear. At least the 1st, 2nd and Pre-sequel weren't really grind type games. The reality is that just playing through the normal missions, you end up going past areas (via backtracking) several times and the enemies all respawn after a bit. So my point being is that you basically end up leveling up enough along the way just playing the game to pretty much beat them. I beat the first game again recently and was only at like level 35. Final boss was a cakewalk. 

Most of the enemies in areas will level us as you do so again, there isn't a ton of grinding required in these games normally. If there were, I wouldn't like playing them so much! LOL

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 10:36 AM, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

The games aren't as grindy as they might appear. At least the 1st, 2nd and Pre-sequel weren't really grind type games. The reality is that just playing through the normal missions, you end up going past areas (via backtracking) several times and the enemies all respawn after a bit. So my point being is that you basically end up leveling up enough along the way just playing the game to pretty much beat them. I beat the first game again recently and was only at like level 35. Final boss was a cakewalk. 

Most of the enemies in areas will level us as you do so again, there isn't a ton of grinding required in these games normally. If there were, I wouldn't like playing them so much! LOL

Yeah, not only won't you have to kill stuff to try and level up to continue, you fly up in level so fast, there will be a bunch of quests you can ignore because you'll be able to walk right through them (unless they change that for 3).

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Borderlands 1 is in the Humble RPG Bundle this week. $15 takes it, which is a fair price. 

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rpgs-2019

I snagged it a couple weeks ago for $15 on the PSN store. I already have it and played through it on the Xbox360, but it's been so long I figured what the heck plus the copy of 3 I'm getting will be on the PS4.. Brought back a lot of memories. Even after years and years everything is so familiar, and I still know where to go without checking the map much. Borderlands games might be in my top 5 of best EVER!

I played the first two, with most of my time was with the second one. They're fun games, especially in co-op, and definitely look unique that keeps things not so boring. It's just a shame a guy like Randy Pitchford is at the company. That fella kicks up a lot of drama. I might get it on sale if I ever get home internet and friends. It looks really good.

Edited by xenomorpher

I've always thought the Borderlands games were fun but not ground-breaking, and I'm curious what kind of reviews we'll see for BL3.  My buddies and I co-op'ed the first 2 and we've been waiting for BL3 for a while now, but I'm in no major rush to play.  Also, I'm about 3/4th of the way through Rage 2 right now, so I may need to take a break from the post-apocalypse-wasteland-type setting for a little bit and come back to BL after the price has dropped a bit.

1 hour ago, glazball said:

I've always thought the Borderlands games were fun but not ground-breaking, and I'm curious what kind of reviews we'll see for BL3.  My buddies and I co-op'ed the first 2 and we've been waiting for BL3 for a while now, but I'm in no major rush to play.  Also, I'm about 3/4th of the way through Rage 2 right now, so I may need to take a break from the post-apocalypse-wasteland-type setting for a little bit and come back to BL after the price has dropped a bit.

How is Rage 2? I have and played through the first one. It was...okay but I'm not likely to ever go back and play through it again.

I've played it up to around level 12 using Mose the gunner, and played a bit using Fl4k the Beastmaster (I think to level 4) My honest opinion is this game is broke.

Too many glitches for my tastes. Sad really, but I think that's gaming 101 for bug budget titles these day. Seriously considering returning this before I even finish it. I might buy it again a couple years from now when they release an "ALL IN DELUXE" version with all DLC and extras unlocked with the glitches hopefully fixed for $19.99. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moycon said:

but I think that's gaming 101 for bug budget titles these day.

Was this intentional?  :D

1 minute ago, moycon said:

I might buy it again a couple years from now

This gives me plenty of time to play the first two games while they fix all the issues with Borderland 3. 

..Al

11 hours ago, moycon said:

I've played it up to around level 12 using Mose the gunner, and played a bit using Fl4k the Beastmaster (I think to level 4) My honest opinion is this game is broke.

Too many glitches for my tastes. Sad really, but I think that's gaming 101 for bug budget titles these day. Seriously considering returning this before I even finish it. I might buy it again a couple years from now when they release an "ALL IN DELUXE" version with all DLC and extras unlocked with the glitches hopefully fixed for $19.99. 

I've sunk about 18 hours or so into it and I agree with you, though I did it the other way 'round; Fl4k instead of Moze.  ;)

There are some really strange glitches I've seen pop up- UI elements that stay when they shouldn't, subtitles that don't appear until you enter the menu and exit, icons on the map that don't clear when you get the objective, quest markers that don't show up at all on the map.  I'm glad that I didn't buy anything but the standard version of the game this go-round.

For me, though, there's enough good about it that I'm willing to overlook some of the annoying small stuff.

Edit to add:  I'm playing on XBox One.  I could've sworn there was something else that bugged (ha) me about the glitches, but for the life of me I don't remember what it was.  One thing that I'm not sure if it's by default or not is when you go into your map- 95% of the time it 'snaps' me back on the map to the quick travel location rather than where i am.

Wow..so the game is buggered ehh? That isn't normal for Borderlands releases or at least I don't recall the 1st and 2nd game when I played them on PS3 being that way. The ONLY glitch I've seen in a BL game is actually the enhanced version on PC. It will always show a custom icon in the upper left even when I remove it by clicking on it. It will come back on its own within a few min or when changing areas. Really annoying as it messes me up looking at the maps to see where my objectives are and they are off map and I get confused where I actually need to go. But...that is the only glitch I've seen aside from the usual you see in games like this with clipping issues and the like.

4 minutes ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Wow..so the game is buggered ehh? That isn't normal for Borderlands releases or at least I don't recall the 1st and 2nd game when I played them on PS3 being that way. The ONLY glitch I've seen in a BL game is actually the enhanced version on PC. It will always show a custom icon in the upper left even when I remove it by clicking on it. It will come back on its own within a few min or when changing areas. Really annoying as it messes me up looking at the maps to see where my objectives are and they are off map and I get confused where I actually need to go. But...that is the only glitch I've seen aside from the usual you see in games like this with clipping issues and the like.

Oh man, I dunno maybe it's just the PS4 version, but the glitches we've encounter just suck. I was playing with 2 others, and they dueled, after which one of them would float in the air!! We were on Sanctuary at the time, so the roof prevented him from going up too far, we fast traveled to a city area thinking that would clear it, but nope. He could walk around VERY slowly, but when he would jump, he literally would float up and up and up into the map til we could see him!! He could ground pound and come back down to earth, again moving VERY slowly, but as soon as he'd jump...up up and away! I've also had quest where I needed to collect 5 things, but only 4 ever showed up forcing me to quit and go back back into the game, and I've also experienced NPC getting caught in a dialog loop where they just keep repeating the same clip over and over and over regardless what quest I switch to. Not to mention just over all lagging sometimes. even when playing solo. Just bad stuff that is really disappointing because as you pointed out, it seem so unusual since the Borderlands in the past have been pretty solid titles.

• Like 1