IGNORED

Book: We Love Atari - Volume Two

Update:

I've updated the website to reflect the latest news about Volume Two of We Love Atari.  Not long now until the checkout page goes live.  Again, it will be limited to approx. 95 copies in the first print run.

For anyone who missed Volume One, I hope to do a small re-print later in the Winter.

Thank you to all of you who bought Volume One - without that support and trust, Volume Two would not have happened.  I also appreciate the kind words, feedback (positive and negative) and suggestions, you are a great bunch of Atari nuts!

Until Volume Two,

Karl

volume2books1b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just put some images on Twitter (link below).

Please note, I have to send your Atari goodies after your book order is sent because the new book is slightly heavier due to a glossier paper being used.  Anyway, it won't cost you anything, I'll keep all costs as before and send the goodies on afterwards at no extra cost.  My own fault for not thinking about paper weights, DOH!

Taking orders from the 10th...

Keep safe,

Karl

• Like 1

OK, we have lift-off!  Volume Two is now officially available on the website :-)

It is a limited print-run, but I will endevour to organise a re-print when these sell out, along with Volume One.  A little "Thank you" pack of Atari goodies will be mailed after a book is shipped at no extra cost (trying to keep postage costs down on the book).

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Thanks again guys,

This print run is going faster than I anticipated, so I am up to my eyes in packaging and labels right now! 

I know a lot of people are asking for Volume One, so just to let you all know a re-print is on the cards sometime in and around November.

Keep a beedy eye on Twitter and the web site.

bokandgoodies2.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Volume 2 - Errata:

To ensure future editions are as accurate as possible, I want to list any errors in the book here for you, and to correct them if a re-print is made. Please let me know if you find anything I may have missed. Apologies for any errors that were not found in the final proof :-(

September 26th 2019:

1) Page 116, 2nd paragraph - "Atari used a Kyocera laser engine in the original SLM-804" Should be " Atari used a TEC (Tokyo Electric Co.) engine in the original SLM-804"

(Supplementary note: TEC is part of Toshiba Corp. SLM was designed by Atari Japan using the TEC print engine. According ST News (http://www.stcarchiv.de/ace/49/st-news) Toad Computer (Atari reseller in the USA) posted on Genie "I also found out that the SLM804 is really an Office Automations Systems Inc. printer - the Laserpro 5308. So if you need tech specs, toner, drums, you now have an alternative source.") I have no idea why I wrote Kyocera, I may have mixed this up with the SLM-605(?) or I had just read something about Kyocera!

2) Page 181, 3rd paragraph - "By the end of 1998" Should be "By the end of 1989".

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Low Stock (Volume 2):

Just a quick note to let you know we are very low now on single copies of Volume 2.

Update: Later this month (or early November) I will offer a very limited number of Volume One and Volume Two together.  Keep an eye on the website or Twitter feed.  A small number of the re-printed Volume One will also be available at the same time.

Thank you again for your support, feedback and the many e-mails I have received.

• 2 weeks later...

3 Copies Left (Volume 2):

Just a quick note to let you know we only have 3 copies left of (first edition) Volume 2 which comes with some nice Atari goodies.

Update: Later this month (or early November) I will offer a very limited number of Volume One and Volume Two together (bundle) which will offer savings on shipping.  Keep an eye on the website or Twitter feed.  A small number of the re-printed Volume One will also be available at the same time.

Hello!

Sold out (again!)  ?

I've updated the website and Twitter feed (you can view the Twitter feed without signing up), but here is the update for AA lurkers:

• New stock arriving early November.
  • 25 "Double Packs" of Volume 1 and 2 will be available after many requests.  Save on Shipping.
  • A limited amount of singles copies of both Volume One and Two will also be available if anybody missed a specific book.
  • Ordering will be available through the website again as soon as stock comes in (early November)
  • Limited availability means it is first come first served.
  • Last orders for Christmas delivery will be taken on November 29th, no exceptions.
  • *Special Atari Corp poster with each order as a Christmas present from me!

Thank you again to everyone who ordered a book, your support of this little project was a wonderful example of the Atari spirit.

atarimemorabilia1.png