IGNORED

Space Invaders on the junior...lacks

atari-dna

When cleaning up my junior (large rainbow) unit I wanted to play a little Space Invaders for the burn-in.  I attempted the “double shot” exploit by holding down rests and game select simultaneously then applying power. It doesn’t work.

In fact, you can’t hold the buttons down together to cycle quickly through the variations either. Apparently the Mylar circuit won’t read these two buttons at once.  This discovery takes a lot of the fun and user friendliness out of the gameplay of Space Invaders.  

Well wait a minute though. The rapid fire trick only requires holding down the game reset switch while powering up the console, not the game select switch as well. Try that first for game variation number one before attempting the rapid fire trick for another variation.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, atari-dna said:

This discovery takes a lot of the fun and user friendliness out of the gameplay of Space Invaders.  

That's pretty funny. I've been playing that game for nearly 40 years (off and on) and never knew about any tricks. Seems pretty user-friendly if you practice enough. ;)