IGNORED

Extended Basic V2.7 Suite Fail

Fonzie

I have 2 Extended Basic v2.7 Suite cartridges I bought at Arcadeshopper. Yesterday I tested both cartridges with the self check procedure, something I had never done before. One cartridge verified completely. The other said the ROM or GROM was unverified, the screen turned red with a message warning to not use the cartridge. I was dumbfounded as I had been using the cartridge periodically without any indication that something was amiss. So, I repeated the self check in a 2nd console with the same result and would have tried a 3rd console except that the main screen never came up just errant characters. Is there any repair for this cartridge or is it toast?

Unfortunately, this test fails randomly, it was never reliable on multiple machines. it will pass on one machine and fail on the other.  don't trust it.. if your module works, ie, things load and don't crash the computer (lock up instead of loading) then it works.  Also he random char issue is usually a bad cart port connection. re-seat and clean the port.

Greg

PS: I test them before i ship them.. 

• Like 1

Thanks Greg, good to know I can safely ignore the warning. Cleaning both cartridge and port did not work for this console, however, I found another console where it works as before. The console with random characters houses my only F18a so I’ll need to dig deeper to figure out what is wrong there.