IGNORED

What are your FAVORITE games for an UNEXPANDED system?

Omega-TI

7 hours ago, RXB said:

Tursi do not feel alone, I know that feeling.

RXB has been distributed by no less than 9 third party TI99/4A producers and I am still stuck in Home Brew crowd.

It's interesting (and WAY off topic) to note that my first notice of RXB was actually when you and I were published side-by-side in Micropendium reviews. RXB is right next to Super Space Acer in my only attempt to make commercial TI software back in the day. As you can see, you rated much better than I did! ;)

image.thumb.png.974b10f25b2a6c91f066b5d4c4a41954.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tursi said:

It's interesting (and WAY off topic) to note that my first notice of RXB was actually when you and I were published side-by-side in Micropendium reviews. RXB is right next to Super Space Acer in my only attempt to make commercial TI software back in the day. As you can see, you rated much better than I did! ;)

image.thumb.png.974b10f25b2a6c91f066b5d4c4a41954.png

OMG I totally forgot about that one!

You did a good job on SUPER SPACE ACER.

I had worked on RXB for close to 3 years so I think I had more time to polish it then you did.

That may be why we see that result, I had a slight head start on you.

1 hour ago, RXB said:

OMG I totally forgot about that one!

You did a good job on SUPER SPACE ACER.

I had worked on RXB for close to 3 years so I think I had more time to polish it then you did.

That may be why we see that result, I had a slight head start on you.

Well, also amusing is that we are both still working on those titles. So the race will be to see who finishes first. ;)

• Like 2

Hi Rich! I have an RXB question here.  :)  You mention Competition Computers, Asgard, and Western Horizon (Bud Mills) as sources for RXB cartridges in the past. This has me curious, as I have never seen any of these in the wild. The only Asgard XB cartridge I have ever encountered (or heard of) was the XB3 from Winfried Winkler (I beta tested that code on my Geneve before he sent it to Asgard). OPA did the boards and configuration for that one under contract to Asgard (and in very limited numbers, as the contract was unfortunately never completed).

And yes, I would categorize your efforts as more third-party than homebrew too.  :)

And to keep this post on-topic, my favorite TI games would be:

TI: TI Invaders

BITD Third Party: Toss-up between Centipede and Arcturus

Modern Third Party: Dragon's Lair

Modern Homebrew: This is a toss-up between Restless II, Break Free, and TiTanium

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Hi Rich! I have an RXB question here.  :)  You mention Competition Computers, Asgard, and Western Horizon (Bud Mills) as sources for RXB cartridges in the past. This has me curious, as I have never seen any of these in the wild. The only Asgard XB cartridge I have ever encountered (or heard of) was the XB3 from Winfried Winkler (I beta tested that code on my Geneve before he sent it to Asgard). OPA did the boards and configuration for that one under contract to Asgard (and in very limited numbers, as the contract was unfortunately never completed).

And yes, I would categorize your efforts as more third-party than homebrew too.  :)

And to keep this post on-topic, my favorite TI games would be:

TI: TI Invaders

BITD Third Party: Toss-up between Centipede and Arcturus

Modern Third Party: Dragon's Lair

Modern Homebrew: This is a toss-up between Restless II, Break Free, and TiTanium

Asgard had 3 that they sold, those were all I ever saw at a Chicago Fair.

Competition Computers sold like 10 at most and I got phone calls from 2 people asking about docs not included, gave them AOL and Genie files they could download.

Western Horizon sold a few according to Don O'Neil at the Fest West Fair in Utah.

Gary Browser sold quite a few but RXB was one of many in his carts that included many other games and utilities in that Cart.

Many of these were multiple carts just like XB 2.7 that has a ton of games and other carts. RXB was just in that bundle.

Keep in mind that RXB XB ROMs are exactly the same as Super XB, XB 2.7 and others that all used Miller Graphics GRAM Kracker XB as a base platform to build on.

This is why you see no changes in XB ROMs from anyone ever.

On topic cart I loved most was Dig Dug.

I'm sure any game you made for an unexpanded console would be awesome.  But with 32k so readily and pervasively available, I figure why not use it?  Unless you enjoy the challenge of 8K development, which is fair enough, and if so more power to you.  The way I look at it, when an upgrade 1) requires no technical expertise or installation procedure 2) is readily available and regularly resupplied 3) is low in cost and 4) is original to the platform's heyday, so even purists can feel comfortable with it, there's just every reason to enjoy it. 

I do admit a certain giddiness at seeing amazing software made for the unexpanded console, just because I get to reflect on how amazing it would have been to me on my own unexpanded console, long ago.  But in the present day?  Let's revel in the possibilities presented to us. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jrhodes said:

32K please. How about a "easter egg" of a sort for TIPI users? Main game would play the same with or without it, but TIPI users would get to select to use the mouse as a bonus control option, and sync scores to a online leader board?

If that is asking too much, i would totally understand.

The problem is that we have no emulation for the TIPI, and I would never have the time or patience to develop on the actual hardware.

• Like 1