IGNORED

910mp SCART stopped working

Shift838

I have been using the GBS8200 along with my VGAGBS Genie unit to run my Geneve through the VGA port on my 910mp.  I decided to try something on the SCART, but using my Scart-Genie 9640 or a standard cable with only Pots on Csync, R, G, B like I have done before shows no picture.  On another SCART monitor it works.  So I am thinking there is something with the 910mp SCART interface.

does anyone know what to look for?  I have never cracked this thing open, so i'm not sure if there is a SCART controller board separate from the main board.

It does see the signal, as when I power the Geneve up the screen goes from blue to black immediately.

I have verified I am getting 2 volts on pin#16 to put the monitor into RGB mode as well.

One of my 910MP shows only solid black on VGA input (I have not tested SCART yet). I opened it up and found a leaked cap on the main board. However, after replacing that, it's the same, and I don't know where to go from here.

I think it is just one main board, a power board, and tuner module.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

i'll probably be cracking mine open soon.  I have a 910mp cap replacement kit to recap.  maybe there is something blown in there...

I ordered a 910mp cap kit from eBay. It was a set of the big power caps, not the problem ones. The 910MP main board has surface mount caps. It uses lots of:

Aluminum electrolytic, SMD, mfg part number:

1.0uF 50V    EMVY500ADA1R0MD55G

3.3uF 50V    EMVY500ADA3R3MD55G

10uF 16V     EMVY160ADA100MD55G

100uF 16V   EMZR160ARA101ME61G

• Like 1

Have you confirmed overall continuity?  My old adapter had a wire break free inside the plastic insulator so what looked good visually was not a complete circuit.  If the 2v is coming from the Geneve or scart genie, the monitor may simply be detecting the mode selection versus actually seeing the video signal.

(Nevermind - I just realized you said you tested the scart genie with another SCART monitor)