IGNORED

Failed 240p mod

bad_boo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YBSnAEN4iSydCEQy7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YBSnAEN4iSydCEQy7

Hi,
I tried to do the 240p mod but after doing it, I turned the console on, it gets the 3do logo boot screen and then a black screen.
I opened up the console again, and I realized the usb mod (the one you get from MNEMO) was not booting at all. Then I put back the stock cd drive and the same problem. I started sweating cold thinking I screwed up so bad the console (after having invested a lot of money on the console and the usb mod) .

Finally, I decided to remove the cables off the VP chip.... and the console booted as normal again, and with the usb mod, as before. 

I am not technician but I wonder what I did so bad? Everyone says this is an easy mod but didn't work for me lol

Edited by bad_boo

18 minutes ago, bad_boo said:

Sorry for creating an useless post ? 

Useless? Not at all, the shared experience might come in useful for someone else or at the least inform someone else on something to be wary of. The fact you followed up with the explanation is the important thing, enjoy your 3DO. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Useless? Not at all, the shared experience might come in useful for someone else or at the least inform someone else on something to be wary of. The fact you followed up with the explanation is the important thing, enjoy your 3DO. 

Many Thanks for your words. Yeah, hopefully this is helpful to someone as you said. 

Other than that, I am happy with the new 240p look on my 3do.

Cheers