IGNORED

Discuss Growing Ties by Dr Ludos

Very original game (at least I never saw that before) and funny to play.

The different levels of challenge keep the interest intact otherwise it would be very repetitive.

Well done and Thank you for sharing this!

Attached is the Lyx rom to use with Agacart, converted by myself:

GrowingTies.lyx

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1

The unique game design stands out on this one for me!  I'm talking about the "game mechanics". It's sooo hard coming up with good, working unique game ideas like this (at least if you're a person more interested in graphics, music and/or coding than game-/level-design). I've not played it much yet, but it's been a lot of fun so far. The humour and graphics are really lovely too.

My first try of the game was on Dr Ludos itch.io site via emulation, the look and feel of the game is so great that nobody (my wife, my sons) noticed that I was playing a Lynx emulated game. They all thought it was just an HTML5 (or Flash) game (which was very strange for them because I'm not used to play this kind of games :D).

I'm really really glad that you enjoy the game! :)

Thanks again everyone (KevinMos3, Krip316, Karri, Nop90, Fadest, Power, Felyx...) for your help on fixing the Flash Carts issues!

Here is a updated build of the game that will work on all the devices. The zip file contains:

- A LNX file that will work on emulators and the LynxSD (with saves - see the readme file)

- A LYX file that will work on the AGAcart and flashable devices.

I've also uploaded the updated build on my website: https://drludos.itch.io/growing-ties

GrowingTies.zip

Edited by drludos
  • Like 1

I admit I first thought the concept was a bit simple/stupid. But the game is great! 

The added challenge curve through the levels is perfect, the gameplay is also perfect for a handheld.

Somehow it reminds me of Klax (different challenges that get harder as you progress).

On 9/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, Fadest said:

Great review of the game by JonMC :

https://atarigamer.com/lynx/game-review/GrowingTies/5738223414280192

I agree with him, Growing Ties has this modern indie feeling that is unique on Lynx.

Thanks a lot Fadest for the info, and thanks Jon MC for the wonderful review! I'm really happy that you all enjoy the game - reading such a great review and your feedbacks here is really a huge boost of morale and motivation to keep making homebrew games! :)

@karri: The video is perfect (the format is "stretched" but I guess it's meant to fit your display screen), and thanks a lot for showcasing the game on your PGRE booth! I hope you'll sell plenty of On Duty carts, as the game is very cool and rich content-wise, and feels like it could have been created in the 90's during the commercial life of the Lynx!

• Thanks 1