IGNORED

Discuss Lynx Quest by New Generation

The graphics on this are extremely impressive, especially in the area after defeating the Slime Boss.  I teased my (N*ntendo fan) wife that it took N*ntendo until the GBA to get even close to the graphics that the Lynx could do since '89.  She was blown away by the graphics in that area as well.  I really hope work on this continues and we see it fully fleshed out.  It has potential to easily be the best looking game on the Lynx.

I agree: impressive graphics and very beautiful game. Now maybe I did not understood but I tried to killed all enemies and it seems it is what brings me to the "water world"

Anyway thank you to sharing this!

Attached is the .LYX rom to use with Agacart (converted by Rafal)

LynxQuest.lyx

Edited by Felyx

Everything that is in there so far is very well made and polished. ? The intro, the map + map music and the movement of everything gives a great first impression. Great work! :love: The hard part of designing more levels is still left to do it seems, so I wish you good luck with that and looking forward to seeing more of this game. :thumbsup: :)

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

Oh I just realized that you were such a large*  developer team! Wow, how did you distribute/organise the tasks between coders and artists?

Did you meet up in person or all online?

Would love to learn about your process there.

*(for retro projects that is :)

• 3 weeks later...

Guten Tag @enthusi! Tiger here, so to make short story even shorter - we used whatsup :) for coordination, separate channels for code/gfx/msx. We are Atari 8bit scene group since 1996, so that helps also :) In details work took like 40 days, first Laoo made all the tools and prepared the field, then Solo and I worked that 40 days non stop (I mean it:)), there was no plan,just improv. I managed to do 2/3 of the gfx the rest is from net - and is subject to change. 

We learned that Lynx has a nice power potential. Possibly we will show another (smaller) game for Lynx on SV19 and then we go back to classical scene producions in 2020, 

(already to many games: port of Time Pilot and Flimbo's Quest on A8).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kimchipenguin said:

It's probably the most impressive game in the contest visually and shows great promise for a full release.

Thanks. Balanced and polished version will be presented very soon.

I just hope you have been playing the actual version (with credits on title screen) and not the preview version (with "preview" text in that place). Actually I'm somehow surprised by many voices talking about the game being "demo" or a "promise". It IS a game. It needs some polishing, of course, but it has a story, clear objectives, a way to progress, 16 levels with enemies and an ending screen ;) (i bet though that no one has seen it yet, as the game is too hard in this version). It's obviously nothing fancy, but what it needs to not be a demo?

Lynx Quest feels as if you had released a couple of Lynx games before...

Actually this is my first post in Lynx sub-forum when I haven't got a clue how to program this thing:

This is when the development on my toolset has started:

image.thumb.png.5824f070fbc2dfec1d27b43d197940ae.png

And here is that "FIRST WORKING CODE!" from 2019-06-07:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--bOON6OAW3sw-dxm4wgrUq0Ak0WBqp4

It came out the way it has been presented probably only thanks to not being familiar with Lynx programming as we did not knew what is impossible ;)

BTW, I wouldn't mind a Time Pilot port to the Lynx ;)

If time permits, that would be cool! It would perfectly fit the console.

Edited by laoo