IGNORED

Astrocademo - a demo for the Bally Astrocade

Sdw

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, Sdw said:

Music was composed as an XM module (with severe restrictions of course) then put through a converter I wrote to output raw data that I can then use to feed the sound registers.

I actually thought that you made the values without a converter and that you typed in the values of the frequencies into the assembly file directly, but an XM converter for the Astrocade's music processor is impressive! Maybe if you ever make another demo for the Astrocade, you could have more emphasis on the sound capabilities of this obscure system, by showing off its AM modulation, and that the volume registers exist lol (seriously, no piece of music for the system that I've heard has any notes decay, but I've heard sfx in games increasing and decreasing the volumes of the channels).

• 3 years later...

Andreas "Sdw" Gustafsson passed away on March 11th.

Man dead after walking through ice (Info SVT.se)

Just before 5 p.m. last Saturday, an alarm came in about a drowning at Bala Gård in Simlångsdalen outside Halmstad.
A man is said to have walked through the ice and ended up in the water.
Later in the evening, the police reported that the man had died.

Ambulance and rescue services were called to the scene, the Swedish Maritime Administration's helicopter was also called.

After getting the person out of the water, the person was flown to hospital by ambulance. The extent of the damage is still unclear.

- We picked up the person from the wake and performed CPR until the helicopter arrived. Then the person was winched up and taken to hospital, says Peter Stened, the internal commander of the rescue service.

Later on Saturday evening, the police told TT that the person had died. It is about a 45-year-old man. The man's next of kin have been notified.

• Sad 2