IGNORED

Discuss YNXA by Yastuna

There is a few things I realized that are difficult to master:

1) double jump

The "normal" way of pressing the 2nd jump when you reach the highest point of the 1st jump parabel does not work.

Instead you need to double jump at the start of the jump.

I was re-spawning in an area where it appeared to be impossible to jump high enough. It was a bit frustrating until I found out that the double jump needs the button presses at the start of the jump.

2) positioning is a few pixels off

When you move to the right of a block you start falling down about 2-3 pixels before the edge of the block is reached.

3) the view is small

Often you cannot see what is under you when you jump from an edge. The level design does not take the small view into account.

Now I am just waiting for the full set of games to try out all the amazing competition entries.

Thanks, I will check the first 2 points. Normally, you can make the secoind jump when you want (event when falling), but you are right, I tested and you go higher if you double press at the start (need to investigate)

About this :

3) the view is small

Often you cannot see what is under you when you jump from an edge. The level design does not take the small view into account.

In fact this is a choice, it's a die & retry option. Just like the first Rick Dangerous (with fixed screens) when you are hurt by a dart when you change screen and have to restart. Only a super reflexe can save you the first time.

In Rick Dangerous, you lose a life and restart from a near point. In Ynxa, you restart the level at the beginning BUT there is no like stock.

I understand that this can be frustating, but you learn and go further. I didn't want the game to be too easy in the second part. First part is more about exploration, so there is not this kind of trap.