IGNORED

For Sale: Boxed, working Exidy Sorcerer

rkindig

For sale: I'm going to give up my boxed Exidy Sorcerer. Has original manuals and BASIC cartridge. Works great. The sale of this helps fund the Floppy Days Podcast and everything I'm trying to do.

Box is rough but serviceable. Sorcerer is yellowed but works well.

It's very hard to find a complete working package like this, even with the box issues and yellowing.

Highest bid over the next week will get it. PM me with questions or interest.

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4807.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4823.JPG

• Like 4

So the highest bidder would not necessarily get it after a week then.

Thats why its best to put at least a minimum number if you want a minimum.

I thought of offering $400-500 but i agree its probably worth more to the right buyer.

Doesnt mean you will get that though and on ebay you will pay their fees and paypals fees too. Plus risk all the unscrupulous buyers these days.

At $600+ I am out as much as i would like it.

All the best with your sale! :)

I totally undetstand and dont doubt at some point from the right person you could get that.

Just more than i can or should do. I will be at vcfmw though so your sure tempting me lol

If i sold enough spare stuff there i maybe would bite ;)

Cool. If its easy for you to bring you may as well. If i cant do it there may likely be others there interested. Between bogus ebay buyers and shipping something fragile selling rare stuff on ebay like this does not appeal to me.

Its definitely a cool item! :)

I'd love those manuals and the BASIC cart, but I know you can't break it up. 

$525 would be a steal honestly.  Adding extra memory to bring it up to 32K (or 48K if it's a Model II) is easy.  Have you tried posting over on the VCF?  The crowd here generally isn't into obscure  computers like this.

I really need to get my Sorcerer page going.  There isn't a good single place to find information about it on the net.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, Tempest said:

I'd love those manuals and the BASIC cart, but I know you can't break it up. 

$525 would be a steal honestly.  Adding extra memory to bring it up to 32K (or 48K if it's a Model II) is easy.  Have you tried posting over on the VCF?  The crowd here generally isn't into obscure  computers like this.

I really need to get my Sorcerer page going.  There isn't a good single place to find information about it on the net.

Yeah, I can't break it up.  That would definitely de-value it.

For your edification, and others, according to the badge on the bottom it's a DP1000-2, which means it's indeed a Model II and can be upgraded to 48K by simply plugging in some RAM chips.

You're right that there isn't a good single place for info.  Terry Stewart has some good information on his site and has a lot of software in WAV format ready for loading in through the cassette port.  I've tried that by using my phone as the virtual cassette and it works.

I didn't know there was an SD to cassette device!  Do you have more information on it?

I'll bring this Sorcerer to VCFMW if no one buys it by then.  It will be for sale at the show in that case.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:45 PM, stupus said:

I just checked ebay and the last 1 that sold at auction and was working condition and better shape than yours sold for $375....so hard to say.

That's silly.  I've been watching Sorcerer's for years now and I've never seen a working one go for less than $500 on eBay, let alone with box, manuals, and BASIC cart.